Coming in for an interview?
When people visit the Santander corporate office, they should plan to arrive ten minutes early.
It is a good idea to map out your route to the offices to anticipate any traffic delays and to ensure you can find the offices on the day of your interview.
How to dress
Santander Consumer has a business casual dress code as a standard for most locations and times.
However, the first impression you make is always the most important one and sets the tone for the interview. Therefore use your best judgment on appropriate attire.
For men, interview attire can include:
- Suit (solid color – navy, black or dark gray)
- Long-sleeved shirt (white or coordinated with the suit)
- Dark socks; conservative Leather shoes
- Little or no jewelry
- Neat, professional hairstyle
- Cover tattoos
For women, interview attire can include:
- Suit (navy, black or dark gray)
- The suit skirt should be long enough so you can sit down comfortably
- Coordinated blouse
- Conservative shoes
- Limited jewelry (no dangling earrings or arms full of bracelets)
- Professional hairstyle
- Neutral pantyhose, if necessary
- Light makeup and perfume
- Neatly manicured clean nails
- Portfolio or briefcase
- Cover tattoos
What to bring
- Bring at least two copies of your resume to the interview. There may be additional managers interested in speaking with you.
- Read the job description and bring a copy to the interview. This will help in asking questions about the position.
- A list of prepared questions relevant to the position shows initiative and that you are well-prepared.
What not to bring
- Cell phone
- Coffee or soda
Additional interview tips
- Research: Check out and read up on Santander Consumer USA to understand who we are and what we do.
- Make sure your appropriate interview attire fits correctly.
- Get your clothes ready the night before so you don’t have to spend time getting them ready on the day of the interview.
- If your clothes are dry clean only, take them to the cleaners after an interview so they are ready for next time.
- If you have lots of piercings, leave some of your rings at home (earrings only is a good rule)
- Polish your shoes.
- Bring a breath mint and use it before you enter the building.
- Follow up with a note thanking your interviewer for their time. This will let the interviewer know how interested you are in the position.
- When you’re interviewing with Santander Consumer USA, plan to arrive early, but not too early. Ten minutes should do.