Associate, Business Control & Risk ManagementOperations Support Dallas, Texas
What You Will Be Doing:
- Assist in the preparation of regular and ad-hoc presentations, decks, or reporting to be delivered to Senior Management, SC Committees, Forums or other Working Groups, as well as Second Line of Defense (SLoD), and or external requestors such as Regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate new Action Drivers and Mitigating Actions to determine the need for escalation to Functional Control, Issue Management leadership and/or Operational Risk Management. Participate as needed in the creation of escalation notification provided to Executive Management, Ops Risk Committee, and SHUSA stakeholders.
- Perform timely review and effective challenge of documentation provided for FCO Action Drivers including intake, root cause, mitigating actions, material changes, risk acceptance, and closure requests. Address insufficient or incomplete documentation and provide clear, concise feedback to outline corrections or additional information required.
- Facilitate and present discussions on behalf of Business Controls with key stakeholders across the organization and lines of defense including but not limited to: Triage, Governance forums, and Committee structures. For discussions which are owned by Business Controls, facilitate scheduling, preparation of agendas, and completion and distribution of meeting minutes.
- As needed, attend and participate on behalf of Management in discussions for high level initiatives where Business Control Office is a key stakeholder. Examples may include but are not limited to: system conversions, strategy changes, or new initiatives within the organization. Keep detailed and accurate records of follow up actions or areas of focus for Business Control. Escalate areas of concern or potential roadblocks to leadership as appropriate.
- As requested, develop, present, and coordinate strategies to execute work within Business Control team for ad-hoc needs and special projects. Lead team meetings, calibrations or other delegated commitments in the absence of Management.
- Produces documentation to expected standards and within timescales set by FLoD and SLoD policies and standards as well as, prepares findings and comments for Leadership (as needed). Compiles developed individual exceptions into themed issues that can be easily digested and “managed up” by Business Controls leadership.
- Assists other team members, both in the role of counterpart/peer and coach/leader (as appropriate) in completing their work, especially if excess bandwidth exists.
- Develop and maintain procedures as well as, contribute to control reporting decks and dashboards
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree: Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years Risk Management, Internal Controls, Auditing, Credit Management, relevant line of business experience and/or legal or regulatory experience.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Demonstrated experience supporting and/or leading risk projects across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial services products and services.
- Foundational understanding of the regulatory environment and how the products/services Santander Consumer engages in are viewed by the Second Line of Defense and Regulators.
- Ability to constructively work both independently and in collaborative environments involving all levels of management and employees
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external service providers to establish resource requirements, scheduling, assignments and service levels.
- Ability to build internal and external networks of information resources within the risk management ecosystem.
- Moderate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Applications
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.