Associate, Business Intelligence and ReportingRisk Dallas, Texas
Who We’re Looking For:
An Associate, Business Intelligence and Reporting, will represent the First Line of Defense and is responsible for partnering with the business line and/or functional area to execute operational risk and control reporting and analysis for financial organizations. Primary focus is to capture and consolidate data from various systems to create metric and analytical reporting used to assess and manage risk and controls and issue management identified by the assigned business lines.
The successful candidate will collect, organize and analyze data sets to draw conclusions to maximize efficiency in managing action drivers and risk control self-assessment activities. Responsible for drawing insights and trends from large sets of quantitative data to help Business Control Office monitor activities to minimize the Company’s exposure to risk. May use advanced analytics technologies, systems and software. Develops data-driven recommendations that support key business decisions across the company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with internal Business Control Office partners to develop and deploy operational dashboards and informational reporting needs are met.
- Consults and advises best practices for systems changes and implementations to ensure data environment is maintained or strengthened.
- Able to provide creative solutions for customers that ensures data integrity with logic to provide accurate results that are sustainable and easily managed.
- Creates and maintains documentation related to data and reporting processes to ensure business continuity, definitions and criteria are clearly understandable and re-creatable.
- Creating and maintaining user tools to help Business Control Office partners successfully capture and consistently report required Risk Control Self-Assessment activity and results.
- Lead and coach junior level professionals.
What You’ll Bring:
- Master's Degree: Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other equivalent field or work experience.
- Knowledge of standard analytical, reporting and programming languages and their application (such as SQL, Business
Objects, Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- 5-9 years’ experience.
Skills & Abilities –
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to influence others at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision.
- Advanced Knowledge of data modeling, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of statistical applications within Financial Services to interpret data requests and identify data analytics opportunities.
- Demonstrated data analysis, data presentation, and data development skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with strong attention to details. Can analyze/synthesize information quickly.
- Ability to leverage technology to improve and automate business tasks.
- Ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines in a rapidly changing business environment
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.