Associate, Business Systems AnalysisOperations Support Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities: The Product Team Manager I will support a Business Line Owner with many of their goals, which extend from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new revenue sources within the product line. The Product Team Manager I will build and enhance the product from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and dealers. The individual must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. The Manager’s key role is 50% strategic and 50% tactical. Support organizations, such as marketing, operations, analytics and IT will assist in strategic efforts; and this position will regularly meet with these groups to provide the business intent and context by attending periodic planning sessions.
- Represents the SAFe Products Management team and acts as a liaison between business and technical staff at all levels.
- Solicits information regarding operational processes through interviews, document analysis, case scenarios, business process descriptions, and task and workflow analysis.
- Authority to “accept” Features.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Applies extensive analytics and field research to determine product strategy.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with key business managers.
- Works closely with vendors to manage issues, scheduling, etc., as they arise.
- Coordinates with customers and vendors as needed.
- Monitors progress of each project at every phase of the process, doing everything possible to avoid delays and costs.
- Ensures project standards, methodology and best practices are followed and consistently applied.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with business managers, subject matter experts and IT personnel.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required: equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- MBA is preferred. Technology degree desired.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in business product analysis, project management or process management required.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ in management or management consulting role required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Product management training and/or certification advantageous but not essential.
- Demonstrated application of technology and leadership skills required.
- Ability to coordinate and execute large and complex projects.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in MicroSoft Suite products.
- Basic knowledge of and skill in MS Visio.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to successfully influence across the organization including Senior level management.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience to manage competing task and priorities.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate ability to manage competing tasks and priorities which include meeting deadlines and established timelines.
- Time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.