Associate, Regulatory Relations – State Compliance AnalystLegal Dallas, Texas
Review activities on behalf of the affected risk functions for SC as they relate to any implemented changes as the result of a state examination finding, self-identified issues, state law or federal regulation change. Validate that key assumptions, data sources, and procedures utilized in measuring and monitoring risk can be relied upon on an ongoing basis and, in the case of transaction validation that controls are working as intended.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for the execution of Assessment reviews. Completes reviews in adherence to the Regulatory Relations Post-Implementation Validation Program and established timelines. S/he works with a variety of stakeholders at senior levels located throughout Groups US operating entities.
- Performs validation of controls related to state examinations, federal regulations, state laws, as well as, regulations and citations.
- Keeps abreast of legal and regulatory matters affecting the US financial services industry, the regulatory environment, and potential impact on Groups US operating entities.
- Adherence to the Regulatory Relations Post-Implementation Program.
- Maintains complete and organized work papers throughout the lifecycle of the review process.
- Performs accurate fieldwork and follows the reporting process as determined by the Regulatory Relations Senior Associate.
- Provides meaningful recommendations for issues identified.
- Partners with various stakeholders to evaluate action plans, and remediation actions.
Acts as a subject matter expert (SME).
Other duties as assigned.
Education -Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience other
Experience -5-9 years’ Experience in one or more of the following: quality management, exam management, regulatory interactions and/or risk management.
Skills & Abilities – Requires a thorough understanding of Groups US operating entities, including their respective lines of business and corporate functions. Knowledge of applicable US laws and regulations and financial services industry. Ability to work effectively and provide accurate information under tight timelines.
Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build and cultivate relationships across the Company.
- Collaboration – Relationship Management: Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results. Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects.
- Collaboration – Teamwork: Leading and Guiding Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributions. Understands and leverages team dynamics.
- Execution – Accountability: Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of reviews. Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks.
- Execution – Initiative: Takes initiative to act on new information and preemptively develops options and plans of actions.
- Influence – Two-way Communication: Conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and asks open-ended questions that encourage others to give their points of view.
- Problem Solving – Problem Identification: Reformulates the problem in different ways to evaluate it from different angles.
- Risk Management – Risk and Compliance Adherence: Appropriate knowledge of risk and the regulatory environment.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.