AVP Call Center OperationsCollections Mesa, Arizona
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The AVP Call Center Operations monitors and directs all Loan Servicing activities specializing in Collections, Customer Service and Back-Office. Priorities include coaching, developing, training and motivation of large scale call center Associates with the objective of preventing and minimizing losses. The AVP Call Center Operations also monitors work volumes and quality for maximum effectiveness and execution.
- Supervises, trains and develops Manager, Call Center Operations in collections, customer service and back-office skills and reporting competencies to maximize the potential of resolving difficult accounts
- Executes the vision and direction of the Call Center operations in conjunction with the departmental vision set forth by Executive Management
- Discusses and reviews collections, customer service and back-office activity regularly with staff to ensure consistent practices in accordance with all state and federal laws
- Maintains delinquency and charge off levels
- Interacts and partners with leadership of other departments to maximize efficiency
- Communicates with Management regularly regarding apparent trends
- Continually evaluates and enhances workflow to implement best practices
- Plans and organizes collections, customer service and back-office activity
- Manages in accordance with all state and federal laws making Compliance & Risk adherence top priority
- Ensures maintenance of up-to-date online documentation for all accounts
- Coordinates strategies to meet company objectives
- Develops and manages all direct reports in line with corporate objectives
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data relative to productivity
- Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of all systems, policies and procedures
- Administers disciplinary actions as required.
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities: Provides leadership and direction through managers and exempt staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- Superior industry/product knowledge
- Excellent communication, negotiation, sales and closing skills a must
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office and Collection applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Eight (8) – ten (10) years of progressively multi-call center management experience
- Three (3) – five (5) years of previous management experience in the collection industry with a strong background in credit/collection and training and mentoring skills to coach the staff.
- The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.