AVP Origination StrategiesOperations Strategy Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- AVP Product Manager is responsible for managing multiple projects from initiation to completion and post project follow-up to support the business and has responsibility for ensuring the products he/she supports are competitive in the market-place and working as designed. The AVP is responsible for analyzing and making recommendations to improve processes including supporting systems, call center functions and workflow. He/she will work closely with IT to provide requirements for approved projects and will manage the non-IT related tasks of those projects. He/she will manage a large team of Product Managers and other staff members.
- Ensures project standards, methodology and best practices are followed and consistently applied
- Leads project teams and related implementation activities through all project phases
- Resolves project issues and mitigates project risks
- Develops detailed project plans that define key activities, timelines and resource requirements
- Develops and maintain a detailed understanding of business processes and applications, customer needs and priorities
- Assists with analysis, design, testing, system documentation and user training
- Applies extensive analytics to determine program strategy over time
- Leverages project management skills to manage project implementations
- Generates champion/challenger strategies to make continuous business improvements
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with key business managers
- Prepares project plans, analysis, and reporting for program
- Works closely with vendors to manage issues, scheduling, etc. , as they arise.
- Coordinates with customers and vendors as needed.
- Monitors progress of each project at every phase of the process, doing everything possible to avoid delays and costs.
- Responsible for managing a team and providing coaching and development to direct reports through continuous behavioral feedback Other Functions
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Project management training and/or certification advantageous but not essential
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant operations experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Seven (7) years’ experience in business process analysis, project management or process management required
- Minimum of three (3) years management experience required or completion of SC Management training class
- Relevant financial services industries experience preferred
- Demonstrated application of statistical analysis and problem solving.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in Microsoft Suite products.
- Advanced knowledge of and skill in SQL.
- Basic knowledge of and skill in MS Visio.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and people management experience required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to successfully influence across the organization including Executive level management.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience while meeting deadlines and established timelines.
- Time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic, rapidly changing business and technical environment
- Demonstrate ability to manage competing tasks and priorities which include meeting deadlines and established timelines.
- Ability to coordinate and execute larger and complex projects.
- Time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required. May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.