AVP Specialized ServicesCustomer Service North Richland Hills, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The AVP of Specialized Services (Replevin/Legal Action) is responsible for managing the Replevin / Legal Action and Deceased departments’ daily functions while ensuring company policies and procedures as well as State and Federal laws are followed. The position requires contact with customers, attorneys, and other departments in the consumer and dealer segments as well as the executive branch.
- Serve as leader and mentor for department managers and team members providing guidance regarding organizational goals, objectives, policies and procedures, State and Federal laws and ensure performance standards are achieved and maintained.
- Coordinate with senior management to create and implement new team strategies and initiatives while ensuring companywide goals are met.
- Develop, manage, and adjust, key performance metrics designed to optimize performance of the team on the factors that best reflect the quality of completing.
- Provide support for governance and compliance exams as assigned.
- Creates and implements Replevin/Deceased operational policies and procedures.
- Discusses and reviews collection activity regularly with staff to ensure consistent practices in accordance with all state and federal laws.
- Oversee the hiring, performance evaluations and corrective actions for team members.
- Perform reviews and audits on accounts on a daily basis providing input and direction to team members and senior management.
- Maintain a comprehensive working knowledge of all tools that are available to each associate, continually coaching and training associates to perform at peak capacity.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with vendors and project coordinators to ensure constant reliable support by establishing point of contacts.
- Promote a cooperative and productive work environment for team members consistent with Santander’s mission and values.
- Perform additional duties and special projects as assigned by senior management.
- Ensure effective communication, both verbal and written within Corporate Legal & Compliance and all other areas of the servicing process.
- Conduct and attend training meetings.
- Serve as custodian of record and travel for court testimony, arbitration, mediation, and depositions.
- College degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in the financial services industry; sub-prime auto experience strongly desired.
- In-depth knowledge of SCRA legislation and processes including experience in financial services;
- Minimum of (5) year’s managerial experience within Legal & Compliance/SCRA/ or Replevin required.
- Must have advanced understanding of loss prevention and collection policies and procedures and be familiar with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Must have excellent negotiation, project management, leadership and decision making skills with the ability to lead, coach and motivate others.
- Must have the ability to create an atmosphere where team members feel free to express concerns and suggestions while identifying opportunities to improve and align departmental initiatives.
- Must have strong mathematical skills needed to forecast losses, calculate pricing from vendors, etc.
- Proficiency in report development and analysis.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended work hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.