Bankruptcy Specialist IOperations Support North Richland Hills, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Bankruptcy (BK) Specialist I will have the responsibility of handling all Bankruptcy accounts from inception to completion and for following federal, state and district guidelines as well as policies & procedures
- Accurately reviews and validates court documents, account data, and referrals to local counsel.
- Performs timely Bankruptcy functional servicing
- Processes Loan Modifications when plan treatment is verified or reaffirmation agreement modifications are made.
- Requests litigation action to protect SC’s interest in the collateral
- Ensures debtor is paying SC in accordance with the Bankruptcy plan or the terms of the contract
- Services Inbound calls via Intercept/Overflowing accordance w/ Quality Assurance (QA) requirements
- Properly documents all account activity in the computer system.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Bankruptcy Code
- Escalates risk issues identified to manager
- Special Projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6) months general office experience or equivalent education/training required.
- Previous collections experience preferred, automobile collections desired.
- Maintain understanding of loss prevention and collection policies and procedures and be familiar with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Accurate typing and data entry skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to promote a cooperative team environment and provide good customer service.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations in order to perform duties described above.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Overtime work may be required throughout the year
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs