Business Continuity AnalystOperations Support Dallas, Texas
Develops, analyzes, implements and oversees short-term and long-term strategic business processes and plans to increase operational efficiency, meet strategic vision and achieve financial goals. Develops, presents and implements business case recommendations and tactical/operational strategies based on analysis of global and industry trends, company objectives and key stakeholders. Manages, identifies and develops strategic partnerships with business functions, management, and other internal/external stakeholders. Identifies and analyzes the company's strengths, weaknesses and business opportunities to advise management and optimize business strategies. Monitors industry trends, competitor actions, economic developments and regulatory environment to identify and plan for expected impact on business operations. Ensures the correct functioning of facilities, office and business support services. Compiles, documents, communicates and verifies information according to established procedures. Conducts business continuity planning in order to assure that essential company functions can operate during and following major disruptive events.
Job Function: Business Continuity
Develops strategies and plans to mitigate the impact of potential adverse conditions such as natural or structural disasters, acts of terror/war, cyber attacks, etc., on company operations. Implements and monitors the company's business continuity planning programs. Coordinates business continuity testing and evaluation. Coordinates identification/analysis of the impact of various adverse events on the company's operations, including identifying critical product or service areas through risk analysis. Provides documentation and training on business continuity action plans.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Associate, Business Continuity is responsible to assist the leadership in delivering an enterprise Business Continuity program. Within the context of a matrix organization, the incumbent is highly involved in the development and implementation of a corporate wide management program that addresses all phases of business continuity management. S/he supports all activities necessary to enable the organization to respond to a business interruption.
- Ensures that all service areas are able to respond to an invocation of the continuity plans.
Maintains a comprehensive DR/COOP testing schedule, including testing all continuity plans in line with business requirements and after every major business change.
- Provides consultation, guidance, and oversight to business lines in the area of business and technology continuity planning and testing.
- Assists business lines in identifying and quantifying potential impacts resulting from disruptions and disaster scenarios.
- Conducts, communicates, and maintains lifecycle planning and business.
- Supports business lines in relationships with audit and government regulators on business/technology continuity planning issues.
- Developing, enhancing, and disseminating information on business/technology continuity processes, standards, and initiatives.
- Provides business continuity subject matter consulting support in audit and regulatory matters.
- Assists in the development and implementation of BusinessContinuity Management planning efforts to identify potential Business and Technology Interruptions, develop safeguards against these interruptions, and implement recovery procedures in the.
- Assists management in the creation and continued maintenance of the Business Continuity Management policies, standards and guidelines in line with the BCM Framework. This would include (not limited to) to state and federal regulations.
- Assists in the development, execution, and maintaining Business Continuity Management materials and documentation (e.g., BIAs, plans, emergency response procedures, call lists, test results, etc.) in support of the Enterprise BCM program.
- Other Functions:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor's Degree: in Emergency Management, Business Continuity Planning (BCP), Business, or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Master's Degree: MBCP (Master Business Continuity Professional).
- Experience –
- 5-9 years Experience in business continuity planning or relevant field such as, emergency management, disaster recovery or resiliency management.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Understanding the use of Structured Analysis and Techniques to determine business requirements, assumptions and constraints
- A firm understanding of data nuances
- Ability to capitalize on business opportunities to refine production processes to mitigate exposure during disruption service without adversely affecting day-to-day operations
- Banking experience and knowledge
- Strong analytical skills required to organize and analyze multiple, complete data sets as well as strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and “follow through” skills
- Strong technical and research skills
- Strong ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific AML risks
- Strong writing, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to understand and draw conclusions from research conducted
- Takes initiatives, is proactive, self-motivator, self-starter, result driven out of the box thinker
- Knowledge of various systems including core banking systems, Hyland Web Director, BI and Microsoft Office required. Strong excel skills with knowledge of Pivot Tables.
- Ongoing sense of urgency and high level of flexibility
- Licenses & Certifications –
- CFCP (Certified Functional Continuity Professional)
- CBCP (Certified Business Continuity Professional)