Business Development and Sales ExecutiveBusiness Development Dallas, Texas
- Direct support/liaison to the Executive of the assigned business area
- Handles highly confidential materials and information with a high level of discretion and professionalism
- Acts as primary representative in handling questions with clients
- Coordinates and prepares department reporting for Executive and Board Meetings
- Attends and exhibits at industry events/conferences and generates leads.
- Follows up with leads and develop relationships (phone and face to face)
- Drafting proposals, obtaining executive approval and presenting to client.
- Coordinating and participating in prospect due diligence visits to SC.
- Contract coordination/negotiation.
- Continued monitoring of client experience to ensure satisfaction and identification of opportunities to expand business relationship.
- Assist with project management, analytics, internal tracking of progress
- Initiative and oversee the development of “pitch books” (sales material) and internal conversion playbook (process to onboard clients and service loans)
- Explore opportunities to enhance back-end client service/reporting function, add proactive value add insights to clients and move to a self-service web-based system
- Generate ideas to bring new business/product development based on client/industry pain points
- Navigate internally within the company, learn/understand the various personnel/departments involved and effectively exercise influence to accomplish objectives
- Stays up to date on news, press releases, aggregators/feeds to proactively identify opportunities
- Benchmark products and selling approach
- Benchmark how competitors price and quote their services
- Special projects as requested by the hiring Executive
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 8-10 years of financial services/banking/investment banking experience
- 8-10 years of business development and sales experience; preferably working directly with C-level executives
- Industry contacts preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and independent decision making ability
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively in a fast paced environment
- Solid leadership and supervisory skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
- Ability to independently respond to complex projects with a great sense of urgency
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation/persuasion skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential materials and information with a high level of discretion and professionalism
- Extended working hours (on-site or off-site) may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Frequent travel to multiple facilities, client sites and events/conferences.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
Job Family: Business Development
Identifies and pursues new sales prospects within existing or untapped markets. Gathers market intelligence, generates leads, and develops proposals/campaigns to garner new business, ensuring a consistent flow of new revenues to the company. Uses knowledge of markets, industries, and clients to determine demand, future trends and potential projects. Works pre-developed lead lists to generate business and identify new customer prospects.
Job Function: Business Development
Identifies and pursues new sales prospects within existing or untapped markets. Gathers market intelligence, generates leads, and develops proposals/campaigns to garner new business, ensuring a consistent flow of new revenues to the company. Uses knowledge of markets, industries, and clients to determine demand, future trends and potential projects.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers and professional staff. Is responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.