Business Operations ManagerCollections Mesa, Arizona
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Manager Business Operations reviews, monitors and directs all call/account and/or collection activities. Priorities include coaching, developing, attendance tracking, training and motivation of a team of account managers with the objective of preventing and minimizing losses.
- Directly supervises, trains, and develops staff in customer service and collection skills and competencies to maximize productivity, the potential of collecting delinquent accounts, and providing one call resolution.
- Discusses and reviews call/account and/or collection activity regularly with staff to ensure consistent practices in accordance with all state and federal laws.
- Maintains customer satisfaction, delinquency and charge-off levels.
- Identifies process improvements and procedural challenges, recommending appropriate solutions.
- Completes monthly and interim performance reviews.
- Continually evaluates and enhances workflow to implement best practices.
- Implements new approaches and concepts to ensure objectives are obtained.
- Reduces costs and increases staff’s motivation and satisfaction.
- Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of all systems, policies and procedures.
- Documents employee activity including attendance, training, and other employee-related issues.
- Monitors associates’ calling queues and volume to ensure accounts are worked according to business strategy and within Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Plans and organizes production/collection activities based on business strategy.
- Coordinates company objectives with Skip and Reinstatement Managers.
- Monitors and resolves high-risk accounts.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data relative to productivity.
- Monitors electronic time keeping system for all direct reports to ensure integrity as well as resolves issues such as missed punches, overtime, and PTO prior to the end of each payroll cycle.
- Continuously protects the Santander brand from negative exposure.
- Administers associate-related disciplinary actions.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Two (2) to three (3) years customer service and/or collections experience; auto-finance experience strongly preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years of management experience. (Internal candidates who do not meet the stated requirements for management experience (but, are otherwise qualified) may be considered for this role on a conditional basis in compliance with section 9. 3. 33 of SC’s Internal Transfer and Promotion Policy).
- Must have advanced understanding of loss prevention and collection policies and procedures and be familiar with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including training and mentoring skills to coach the staff.
- Superior industry/product knowledge.
- Must have a working knowledge of Automobile Lease and Commercial rules, regulations and collection policies and procedures
- Excellent communication, negotiation, sales and closing skills a must.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office and Collection applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have a working knowledge of Automobile Lease and Commercial rules, regulations and collection Policies and Procedures
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.