Campus RecruiterHuman Resources Boston, Massachusetts
The Campus Recruiter is an innovative, intellectually curious, hands-on recruiter who manages full-cycle recruitment for a variety of roles while building a steady, proactive pipeline of qualified candidates. S/he is responsible for developing strong relationships with target schools and implementing robust recruiting plans and heavily utilizes direct sourcing with target schools and social networking to deliver highly qualified candidates in a timely manner. The Campus Recruiter is responsible for devising search strategies, developing candidates, narrowing down and hiring candidates, and ensuring their smooth transition into the company.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to monitor and adapt job descriptions as necessary, based upon market indicators
- Develops deep and mutually rewarding relationships with target schools
- Creates talent pipelines through appropriate sourcing channels such as, Handshake, school postings, ATS, resume databases, professional networking, and social media
- Develops and implements strategies to increase the diversity of our talent pool
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws
- Establishes strong client relationships by educating the business on campus recruiting methodologies and providing guidance on market trends, acting as a consultant throughout the hiring process and providing meaningful feedback to assist in the final candidate selection process
- Maintains a pulse on the campus marketplace to provide necessary market data to help influence the selection process
- Manages student expectations and coordinates interviews
- Partners with hiring managers to understand the hiring needs for the business and scope individual roles for hire
- Prepares and analyzes recruiting metrics and implements creative strategies
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor's Degree: in HR, business, or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- Minimum 3-5 years in Human Resources / Recruiting
- Skills & Abilities –
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Understands and complies with OFCCP regulations
- Excellent interviewing practices and verbal and written communication skills and proven presentation, collaboration and influencing skills
- Knowledgeable of internet sourcing strategies
- Proficient leadership, consultative and negotiation skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to work on a team and individually
- Strong verbal communication, writing and interpersonal skills along with the ability to form strong cross-functional relationships
- Ability to prioritize in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization, mindful of the culture and diversity of the audience
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Understands the importance of employment law and compliance, especially how they relate to prospective candidates and interviewing
- Ability to work with diverse range of personalities and express their thoughts concisely/professionally
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the MS Office suite, in particular, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong learning and inquisitive skill set
- Ability to problem solve and adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Team player mindset, actively take initiative and have a strong work ethic
- Have a “customer service” orientation with ability to escalate issues when appropriate
- Demonstrated use of analytical skills – both using tools (ex. Excel, Business Objects, etc.) and problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Ability to travel throughout the US up to 50% of the time
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.