Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Director Capital Markets is primarily responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the Santander Consumer USA Inc.’s. (SCU) Asset Backed Securitization (ABS) strategies consistent with the overall objectives of the company’s financial framework.
- Work closely with the Executive Management team and keep various parties informed of current market conditions and the interaction between the market and operations of SCU. He/she shall serve as the financial negotiator within the financial community, securing stable and profitable working relationships for SCU.
- Act as the primary liaison with investment bankers, investors, rating agencies, attorneys, accountants, and any other securitization parties.
- Work closely with the CFO, CAO, and Treasurer to monitor ongoing securitization performance and compliance with all documentary covenants insuring a minimum of disruptions to funding, cash flows, and/or accounting disclosures.
- Be involved with warehouse, letter of credit, and swap derivatives functioning and application
- He/she shall also be responsible for:
- Planning and scheduling timing of ABS transactions
- Initiating and continuing discussions with all securitization parties
- Coordinating and distributing key data requests to appropriate parties
- Preparing presentations and conducting meetings with appropriate parties both general and deal specific
- Reviewing and coordinating all documentation with attorneys and business people and negotiating where necessary
- Ensuring that all reporting and compliance functions are operating effectively and accurately
- Staying current with industry and competitor conditions and developments
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience in the financial services industry required
- Minimum five (5) years management experience
- Excellent strategic analysis skills required
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate with multiple levels of management
- Possesses and demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Ability to travel when necessary
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Corporate / satellite office role Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.