Communication Engineer IIIInformation Technology Dallas, Texas
Please contact your HR Business Partner to assist with the development of a Job Summary.
- Provides the second level of support for all facets of IT; server, network, telephony, wireless
- Strong understanding of network routing EIGRP, and BGP.
- The ability to design and support WAN/LAN infrastructure supporting VoIP
- Strong analytical and diagnostic skills Telephony issues on VoIP, MPLS, QoS.
- Performed Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Maintenance to insure system uptime and to be pro-active in finding potential problems.
- Incident identification and resolution for site issues.
- Technician will escalate to an outside vendors.
- Technician will work closely with the any vendor throughout all incidents or problem tickets.
- Responsible for adds, moves and changes of all users at the site and provide documentation for network and telephony work completed.
- Key participant in Change Implementation Management and submits change control documentation in accordance with Santander standards
- Accountable for IT asset management, inventory and disposal in accordance with Santander standards.
- Assists and acts as remote hands and eyes while troubleshooting issues with remote engineers
- 24x7x365 availability to support end users on an as needed basis
- Serve as the primary IT point of contact for the Site Director relative to site IT need, plans, issues, etc. –
- Provide Level 2 support for and maintain all infrastructure, participating in a bi-weekly on-call schedule that includes business and after hours support.
- Complete tickets within service level agreements, troubleshoot any problems on a timely basis.
- Work closely with other IT staff to develop and support systems and applications.
- Ensure that all relevant systems are upgraded and patched when advisable.
- Document all relevant installation, maintenance and support work in tracking system.
- Design and Installation – Performing ongoing research to insure that Santander takes advantage of any significant technological advances, related to network infrastructure and services, that is relevant to Santander’s business.
- Ensure that Santander’s systems environment is secure and that all industry and regulatory best practice steps have been taken to protect Santander, its hardware, software and data from unauthorized access and use.
- Design, configuration and installation of new technology into Santander environment.
- Special projects as requested Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification/Registration: Avaya Aura System Administration; Avaya CMS
- 7+ years supporting and maintaining Avaya/Nortel based Telephony environments.
- 7+ years TCP/IP networking experience, support of internet services and applications.
- Understanding of Windows 2003, 2007 and patching requirements
- Understanding of Windows client operating systems such as XP and Vista – In depth knowledge of TCP/IP
- Strong written and verbal skills – Broad general knowledge of desktop PC hardware, applications and peripherals.
- Knowledge: Work requires a strong understanding of telephony Specifically, ISDN, analog, PRI, T-1, E1, etc.
- Understanding of various telephony platforms is required (Avaya PBX, Avaya IP/SIP, CMS, eCAS, and Modular Messaging).
- Understanding of personal computer software set up and installation, PC connectivity products and network connectivity.
- Project management, must be self-driven, organized and motivated to complete project work, as an individual member of a cohesive team.
- Excellent Problem solving/diagnostic skills.
- Strong oral and written communications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Ability to work flexible hours and be on-call – Ability to travel to other facilities as needed