Compliance Policy and Training Analyst IIICompliance Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Compliance Policy and Training Analyst III is responsible for assisting the Policy and Training Manager in establishing the framework for enterprise-wide consumer compliance activities, including compliance training for all of SC’s associates and management. The Compliance Policy and Training Analyst III is responsible for working with the Policy and Training Manager and business operations to ensure the that compliance policy standards, as well as local, state and federal laws, regulations and requirements, are covered within the compliance training program and are responsible for partnering/collaborating with the Curriculum Design Team on all content/training development. The Compliance Policy and Training Analyst III will work both independently and also in conjunction with peers and management to meet the business objectives of the Compliance Policy and Training process. The Compliance Policy and Training Analyst III will assist in collaborating with the Compliance Department and other business units with the purpose of finding ways and means to continuously develop, re-design and improve the training program.
- Assists in coordinating activities to support a well-managed training and policy process and program for consumer compliance topics including, but not limited to FDCPA, Privacy/GLBA, UDAAP, FCRA/FACTA, CANSPAM, ECOA (Reg B), TILA (Reg Z), CLA (Reg M), SCRA, TCPA, Identity Theft, BSA/AML/OFAC, ABAC, and E-Sign.
- Responsible for staying abreast of regulatory issues and developments, evaluating impact on applicable training, collaborating with the Policy and Training Manager on implementation and risk mitigation efforts.
- Works with management to determine scope and examination techniques required to assess the area of compliance training.
- Contacts business management to identify areas needing review and to coordinate the policy and training maintenance schedule.
- Stays current on company policy and regulations impacting company business.
- Reviews documentation, examines methods and systems, and interviews personnel to obtain information on actual practice.
- Aids in preparation of templates for written reports on gap analysis findings and recommendations and prepares and presents conclusions and recommendations to management.
- Compares practice with regulatory and internal requirements to identify variances.
- Determines areas where corrective action is required.
- Works with business units to ensure accurate and timely implementation of corrective actions.
- Communicates findings/concerns, both verbally and in writing, to management.
- Develops supplemental compliance training materials as needed for new and existing items.
- Designs and prepares educational materials such as PowerPoint slides, training packets and educational curriculum.
- Must have the ability and flexibility to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- MS Office proficiency is required.
- Special projects as requested including internal investigations and advisory work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; a equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Consumer and/or regulatory compliance experience with a minimum of four (4) to six (6) years working in a role/department as a compliance consultant in legal, compliance, examination or audit, preferably within auto finance or within a subsidiary of Banco Santander.
- Some degree of knowledge regarding the following: FDCPA, Privacy/GLBA, UDAAP, FCRA/FACTA, CANSPAM, ECOA (Reg B), TILA (Reg Z), CLA (Reg M), SCRA, TCPA, Identity Theft, BSA/AML/OFAC, ABAC, and E-Sign.
- Experience in business process analysis a plus.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications (MS Office, VISIO).
- Organizational and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in meeting established deadlines.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects and under tight deadlines.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of knowledge.
- Solid understanding of business practices.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.