Consultant, Employee RelationsHuman Resources Dallas, Texas
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Employee Relations Consultant shall be responsible for developing and maintaining effective business partnerships with assigned lines of business in order to effectuate positive business results and team member morale by implementing/ communicating well developed performance management, talent planning, and employee relations strategies. Ensures consistent practices/decision making in employee relations within work group in order to mitigate risk and promote a professionally ethical work environment within Santander Consumer USA. May independently manage the overall employee relations case management within a region/group
and provide leadership/direction to other employee relations representatives/analysts.
- Manages routine employee relations activities for the organization including facilitating coaching/counseling sessions, administering disciplinary actions, terminations/exit meetings and initiating investigations related to Human Resources issues, with the assistance of the Head of Employee Relations and/or dedicated HR Business Partner.
- Actively meets with operational management to identify HR needs and works collaboratively to implement ideas and strategies
- Analyzes HR data for client group/business area to identify opportunities for improvement and implements solutions to enhance service quality and cost effectiveness (i.e.: Labor Turnover trends, absence management, etc.)
- Responds to questions and requests related to benefits, leave of absence/FMLA administration, payroll/compensation, career development and performance management
- Assists in administrating new employee orientation / welcoming programs as needed
- Assists in management training initiatives
- Conducts complex investigations and mitigates risk by ensuring compliance with EEO Policies and all Federal, State, local employment regulations as well as Santander policies
- Functions as a liaison with other HR centers of expertise such as benefits, compensation, payroll etc. for assigned clients as field employee relations representative
- Identifies and recommends strategies to address current and future employee relations and retention needs. Participates in projects to develop employee relation best practices and propose new/modified policies to better meet the organization’s needs.
- Identifies, analyzes, and provides effective conflict resolution practices in partnership with the client and HR Business Partner for respective region/market
- Implementation/communication of HR Strategies and practices around performance management, talent planning, and leadership training.
- Minimizes human capital consultation costs such as unemployment claims, EEOC charges, FLSA penalties by providing employee relations expertise and or having a strong presence at all necessary hearings/meetings
- Responds and corresponds as a liaison with Legal and or any other related state agency as HR Subject Matter expert in agency responses/unemployment hearings.
- Assists in ongoing administration of organizational charts, employee relations files, etc.
- Maintains information in the HRIS that meets the information needs of management
- Special projects as assigned by HR Senior Management
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent related work experience required; Continuing education as required to stay abreast of legal issues is required.
- Three (3) to five (5) years human resource related experience is required; Certification in human resources is desired (PHR, SPHR)
- Must be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills to establish key relationships
- Exercises good judgment with demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure within established budget parameters
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills required; HRIS (PeopleSoft) and ATS knowledge strongly preferred
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.