Consumer Correction and RemediationQuality Control Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities: Support the Santander Consumer (SC) Customer Corrections and Remediation, VP in ensuring that Customer Correction and Remediation activities are handled efficiently and effectively managed according to the SC’s core values and corporate culture.
Under the direction and leadership of the Customer Correction and Remediation VP, this individual is responsible for ensuring appropriate engagement with Business Partners so the corrections and remediation are effectively executed and continuously enhanced to minimize impacts from all risks (e.g. Regulatory, Legal Customer, Financial, and Reputational).
This position’s focus is:
- Execute specific activities and support business line leadership in building, communicating and implementing the processes associated with customer correction and remediation for all Operations activities and initiatives.
- While this position is an individual contributor, each Analyst must partner with other functional areas to ensure a consistent execution of the process.
- Identify, obtain approval, and execute enhancements to processes used for corrections and remediation and ensure an efficient control oversight.
- Support the development of Customer Correction and Remediation process that will address impacts to consumers and customers as the result of issues for all sources(e.g. Regulatory, Audit, Compliance, and Business Identified Issues).
Under the direction and leadership of the Customer Correction and Remediation, VP aligned to that function:
- Assist line leadership in the identification and documentation of correction and remediation action plans.
- Ensure that correction and remediation process is executed effectively, that all deliverables are executed timely, mitigate the customer impacts completely and in a sustainable manner.
- As required, participate in complex projects and business initiatives in alignment with the organizations risk appetite and regulatory requirements.
- Support a specific FLOD Business for all action plans from all sources (e.g. Regulatory, Audit, Compliance, and Business Identified Issues)
- Partner with other FLoD Control functions to ensure consistency in strategies and execution, and the effective utilization of Staff Resources.
- Provide remediation support as needed, specifically on ensuring that Business Controls are enhanced to ensure remediation are sustainable.
- Participate in activities and projects that build a Culture of Compliance within the organization.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Operations Leadership team.
- Ensure all tasks are carried out with a high degree of professionalism and lead by example.
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and train others on regulatory requirements.
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with business related focus strongly preferred.
- Three to five year’s compliance and/or risk and control experience
- Five to seven years’ experience financial service industry, is the minimum expectation. Experience in Auto Finance is preferred but not required.
- Ability to interpret and understand legal documents, regulations and government legislation is required.
- Expert ability to set and balance short- and long-term priorities and remain focused within a rigorous, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Regulatory certifications preferred but not required.
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- High ethical standards.
- Strategic and tactical thinker
- Articulate and effective communicator with a proactive and ‘no surprise’ approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to foster a collaborative working relationship with multiple functional and operational areas.
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, industries, and project schedules.
- Proven ability to build network quickly, influence others and effectively address audiences of all levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required, on occasion.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role would be considered.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.