Summary of Responsibilities:
The Content Editor oversees and produces content development and plays a key role in the oversight of the content associated with the products, brands and initiatives of Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc. (NYSE: SC) (“SC”). The content editor works closely with the Content Director to ensure that copy produced for SC and its brands is persuasive, appropriate, SEO rich and strategic. The Content Editor at SC works is a senior writer and competent editor who is used to working in a fast-paced, but innovative and creative team environment.
- Creates and manages monthly content and social marketing content budget
- Meets regularly with marketing project managers to ensure deliverables are being met
- Writes and occasionally edits marketing copy and content for a wide variety of projects, including collateral that supports SC’s business outside of the marketing area
- Writes and occasionally edits for B2B and B2C, often in mixed formats (print, Web, digital/video and e-mail, for example) for the same project
- Writes scripts and works with the digital marketing team to execute high-quality videos
- Works with C-level management, often interviewing executives, to create internal and external messaging
- Proofreads and edits a variety of content for accuracy and readability
- Understands the legal/compliance requirements required for content creation/approvals
- Works closely with compliance department to ensure all content is approved by legal and compliance
- Writes copy for new media, including blogs and social networking sites.
- Creates monthly messaging for dealers and consumers, including incentives, notices, program updates and events.
- Writes for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) when appropriate.
- Balances multiple projects at the same time, under aggressive deadlines.
- Develops copy and content that is appropriate for the financial services industry.
- Produces work in a collaborative manner.
- Responsible for execution of communications strategy.
- Maintaining and nurturing relationships with a variety of levels of the business as well as departments within SC
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; writing samples required
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of writing and/or editing for a corporation or agency
- Advanced experience of grammar, spelling and brevity skills; knowledge of AP Style
- Experience in financial services and/or auto preferred
- Experience with new media (blogs, social networking, etc.) preferred
- Self-motivator/flexible/team player
- Ability to lead and direct projects
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.