Credit Analyst IIOriginations Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities: The Credit Analyst is responsible for assessing consumer credit applications to determine the credit worthiness of applicants.
He or she will determine the risk level based on an evaluation and assessment of the applicant’s Credit Bureau and other sources (including the use of internal proprietary tools). Negotiates applicant credit decisions tiers and terms, approvals and declines. Maintains positive relationship with dealers, support staff and Sales Representatives while working collaboratively with all stakeholders to resolve credit and finance issues.
- Make decisions on credit applications quickly and accurately based on internal lending guidelines
- Responsible for ensuring queue management and decision time expectations are achieved
- Develop and maintain effective dealer relationships
- Adheres to established quality objectives including contract management, funding parameters, etc.
- Ensures credit decisions conform to credit guidelines regulatory expectations
- Educate dealers on programs and funding requirements
- Follow up with dealers on applications, approvals and pending contracts
- Monitor deals in funding and identify trends/opportunities in assigned regions
- Maximize capture rates to meet or exceed company expectations
- Partner with other departments as needed to expedite resolutions to customer requests.
- Able to render competent credit based decisions that mitigate risk and maximize profitability while conforming to overall portfolio performance review standards
- Bachelor’s degree in business related discipline preferred;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Two (2) years Analyst experience (automotive experience highly preferred)
- Ability to effectively restructure contract terms that meet company objectives
- Ability to independently evaluate and make consistent, quality credit decisions
- Superior communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi task and priority set
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.