Credit Analyst IIIFull-Time Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Credit Buyer III is responsible for reviewing and analyzing credit information as well as risk analysis on auto loan requests. The Credit Buyer III has credit authority within operation guidelines and will manage a list of assigned dealers.
- Analyzes credit applications based on SC USA’S program and negotiates a structure with the dealer that puts SC USA in a profitable position.
- Builds relationships at the dealership level to increase closure rate.
- Follows up with dealers on pending contracts.
- Assists in resolving problems that may arise on pending contracts.
- Assists in system enhancements.
- Troubleshoots system defects.
- Responsible for UAT of system changes when needed.
- Meets monthly application and funding volume goals within assigned portfolio.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- Point of contact for other credit associates in the absence of Regional Credit Manager.
- Does side-by-side training and system demonstrations for auditor and other personnel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Equivalent combination of some completed college courses and five (5) years industry experience as a Credit Analyst may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Five (5) years prior experience in the financial services industry with an emphasis on indirect lending with knowledge of auto finance required.
- Detailed understanding of credit bureau reports coupled with the ability to recognize positive and negative trends in credit performance
- Demonstrated customer service and relationship building skills a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Five (5) years prior sales experience preferred
- Good understanding of Excel, Power Point, Word.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.