Sr. Internal Control AnalystRisk Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Risk
Monitors activities to minimize the company’s exposure to risk. Activities may include quantitative analysis, risk identification and remediation. Represents or supports the reputation of the company to minimize compliance and regulatory risk by resolving issues and ensuring adherence to company and legal standards. Responsible for ensuring that all of the company’s activities adhere to the necessary rules and regulations, and that the company complies with legal/regulatory statutes and jurisdictions.
Job Function: Risk Management
Ensures adherence to the policies and procedures established by the company. Manages policy, standard definition and monitoring of policy, standard implementation, ensuring harmonization and consistency of risk policies. Monitors and manages risk/exposure and compliance with the company’s policies. Identifies, manages and reports on the company’s risk areas. Evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of data, document retention, and monitors systems.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Solvency Risk Control Analyst directs ALLL methodologies and supports control framework for all consumer loan portfolios. The Solvency function ensures reserve adequacy through loss estimation and further examines the use of loss forecasts in the consumer loan business setting and economic environment. The analyst position will have an opportunity to gain exposure to credit risk concepts and work with a team to capture the business’s credit risk through quantitative and qualitative methods. Additionally, the Solvency analyst will support the control environment of analytical framework of the reserve calculation and provide quantitative and qualitative analysis for addressing risks within the control framework. This position requires a combination of quantitative skills and communication skills, hands-on analysis as well as problem solving skills.
- Supports the control framework of reserve methodology and aggregation of analytics to establish an accurate reserve that adequately covers the businesses credit risk exposure.
- Assists with the documentation of processes, controls, flowcharts, and ALLL memo of the Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) model within Solvency Risk
- Supports the design, development and delivery of CECL controls; maintain the inventory of existing IFRS 9 controls Conduct CECL control testing, recommend changes and define solutions.
- Identifies opportunities for control automation, and implement solutions
- Ensures the timely and quality delivery of control evidences on regular basis to Internal Controls, Internal Audit and External Audits, proactively identify issues before the formal submission
- Act as the liaison between Solvency Risk and other departments in support of appropriate change management communication. Ensures compliance with relevant corporate change management policies and standards.
- Support control enhancement projects under supervision. Draft change proposals and obtain proper authorizations and approvals.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Evaluate model assumptions and weaknesses and prepare reports describing the results of the validation analyses.
- Supports projects aimed at designing, developing and implementing methodologies to measure risk exposure.
- Ability to present finding in a cohesive, clear and actionable format to upper management.
- Ensures proper documentation necessary from the compliance standpoint.
- Develop working relationships with involved parties internally and externally.
- Lead projects or special assignments as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required in a quantitative field or business field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-9 years of experience in a in banking field is preferred, border financial services workable
- Consulting experience highly desirable for this role, understanding of financial and risk SOX controls.
- Quantitative and analytical skills required.
- Previous experience in audit/control areas is preferable
- Experience in consumer credit risk framework and provisioning methodologies.
- Proficient with PC software applications such as SQL, SAS, VBA, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Knowledge of finance, statistics, accounting, econometrics.
- Excellent written and verbal presentations skills and ability to communicate well with senior management.
- Flexible, proactive and very professional working style.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Regulatory Knowledge & Application
- Risk Management & Control
- Qualitative & Analytical
- Judgment & Decision Making
- Information & Data Management
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.