Credit SpecialistOriginations Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company’s business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Originations
Accountable for the management of the Consumer Loan and Lease Originations process from application review through funding. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful applicant and dealer experiences throughout originations process.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Specialist, Credit analyzes credit applications based on the program and negotiates a structure with the dealer that puts the Company in a profitable position.
- Analyzes credit applications based on program and negotiates a structure with the dealer that puts the Company in a profitable position.
- Builds relationships at the dealership level to increase closure rate.
- Conducts follow up with dealers on pending contracts.
- Assists in resolving problems that may arise on pending contracts.
- Meets monthly application and funding volume goals within assigned portfolio.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent degree.
- or equivalent work experience: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience –
- 0-3 years Auto Finance experience strongly preferred.
- 0-3 years Financial Services industry experience strongly preferred.
- 0-3 years Sales experience preferred.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Demonstrated detailed understanding of credit bureau reports coupled with the ability to recognize positive and negative trends in credit performance.
- Demonstrates ability to confirm and check for understanding of communication.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Access.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to present information or solution in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to build and foster internal and external relationships.
- Ability to question, accurately identify a need and present an effective solution.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Ability to sell products to customers.
- Ability to adhere to policies, procedures, and instructions of management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient negotiation skills.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.