DBA ManagerInformation Technology Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Database Administrator Team Lead shall be responsible for maintaining current database systems, troubleshooting issues, designing new databases, ensuring database availability, ensuring data integrity, implementing database changes, managing security, and providing on-call support. In addition, the Team Lead will manage the Development or Support DBA teams.
- Trains and develops technical support and applications staff to better utilize on-line processing databases and the enterprise’s computing environment.
- Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the database and transaction processing environment.
- Works to provide a working model of our transaction processing environment for capacity assessment and planning.
- Develops a methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
- Develops a security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary.
- Provides leadership during the development and enhancement of the enterprise’s production applications including working with applications, technical support and operations during the design, development and implementation of applications.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Fulfills departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation, or education.
- Perform at or above the enterprise’s Information Technology performance standards.
- Participates with vendors in the assessment of advanced transaction processing and database productions including beta and field test participation.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in IT preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Three (3) years managing a DBA team
- Ten (10) years experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Five (5) years experience with replication
- Five (5) years experience with query optimization and tuning
- Ability to write and troubleshoot queries in T-SQL
- Experience with large-scale, complex database environments
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Five (5) years experience in financial services with specific experience with data privacy regulations including GLBA and with regulatory guidance entities such as the FFIEC.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.