Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Dealer Relationship Manager (DRM) is responsible for the marketing and sales of the company’s underwriting guidelines and programs in their specific market made up exclusively of OEM franchise dealerships. Their main purpose will be securing financial lending opportunities in the areas of retail finance, wholesale finance, and leasing. This will include but not be limited to day to day managing of dealer accounts, assisting in the loan process, providing best in class customer service and generally acting as a liaison between their dealerships and the OEM corporate offices.
- Daily management of dealer accounts through physical visits, phone calls, emails, faxes and follow up.
- Provide best in class customer service through daily interaction with all internal and external associates and dealer partners.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with all dealership personnel in order to support the OEM’s growth targets via the following activities: -Providing training on all OEM programs and initiatives. – Provide follow up on outstanding approvals given and their current status. – Support Originations associates (Credit, Funding, Sales) as needed.
- Conducting sales and finance presentations to demonstrate use of company products.
- Correctly utilize and update all reporting and sales tools including the sales management tool SalesForce. com.
- Coordinate and assist Funding and Credit with the loan process from time application is submitted to time loan is finalized and purchased.
- Supporting all corporate internal departments that interact with the dealerships.
- Educating the dealerships about new policies and guidelines that will impact their business with the OEM.
- Monthly goal setting and reporting to RSM regarding progress and issues in the market.
- Monthly One on One’s with RSM regarding market trends and game planning for future sales growth.
- Attending and participating during meetings and conference calls.
- Obtaining dealer agreements.
- Following corporate policies and guidelines.
- Marketing promotional campaigns and dealer incentives.
- Successfully completing additional initiatives and meeting Regional Sales Manager’s (RSM) expectations.
- Prompt return of all voicemails and emails to ensure quick resolution of issues.
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 2 years experience in automotive finance account management.
- Previous captive finance experience a plus.
- Previous wholesale/floor planning experience a plus.
- Direct experience demonstrating best in class customer service and relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills. Strong presentation and public speaking skills a must.
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to resolve disputes to a level that satisfies all parties involved keeping the dealer relationship with the OEM at the forefront.
- Flexibility to manage a territory and travel on a daily basis up to 100% of the time.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Driving to visit dealerships daily represents largest aspect of job.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs. DRM’s must be available to offer assistance to dealers during dealer working hours. Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.