Desktop Systems Engineer – EndpointsFull-Time Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Systems Engineer III – Endpoints will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining endpoint device management systems in areas of, imaging, patch deployment, application deployment, anti-virus, Group Policies, whole disc and removable media encryption. Systems Engineer III – Endpoints will also research, design, facilitate and implement required Security and Compliance initiatives. Systems Engineer III – Endpoints is a technical resource for other team members.
- Effectively documents technical incidents, test results, configuration methods and solutions in detail.
- Develops and reviews documentation including installation instructions, configuration guides system diagrams and impact analysis documents as required.
- Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan role out, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications. Analyzes user’s needs and recommends appropriate hardware.
- Participates in company-wide IS projects as they relate to endpoints’ area of responsibilities.
- Manage Group Policies in regards to company requirements around security, compliance, and desired endpoint configuration settings.
- Develops end user device (including desktops, laptops, thin clients, mobile devices, etc.) images supporting multiple hardware platforms with multiple user roles and departmental requirements while minimizing required time to image a device.
- Analyzes, develops, and documents technical solutions using supportable methodologies that adhere to departmental standards and conventions
- Creates and modifies documentation of technical processes related to applications or projects impacting support teams and users.
- Researches, recommends and evaluates new hardware and supported peripherals to ensure they meet specifications and company requirements.
- Work as Exchange email liaison between support teams and external vendors.
- Maintain AD Sync (Active Directory password &attributes) with external Exchange vendor.
- Manage server configuration for mobile device management system
- Manages McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC server management and verification
- Manages McAfee ePolicy server for Anti-Virus, Application Control, Endpoint Encryption Files and Folders along with Data Loss Prevention
- Meets deadlines and deliverables requested of the group
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics or natural sciences preferred.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in several of the following: Windows 2003 2008, IIS Web services, Active Directory, Mobile Iron, Postini, VBscript, Powershell, AutoIT, WMI, McAfee ePolicy, HP Device Manager, WSUS
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ hands-on experience with HP Thin clients desired
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ hands-on experience with Microsoft-based systems
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in a call center environment desired
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience with Local Area Networks and distributed computing environments
- Understanding of performance and tuning of end point devices
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networks, sub-netting
- Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in several of the following: Windows 2003 2008, IIS Web services, Active Directory, Mobile Iron, Postini, VBscript, Powershell, AutoIT, WMI, McAfee ePolicy, HP Device Manager, WSUS
- Highly collaborative
- Understanding of ITIL processes. ITIL Certification
- A+, Network+, ACA, ACSP, ACTC, MCITP, MCSA or MSCE Certification strongly preferred
- Overtime work may be required as needed to adapt to business change.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- May assist in other related departments as required by business needs.
- Extended working hours may be required by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.