Director, Dealer CollectionsCollections Dallas, Texas
With over 2.8 million customers and $54 billion in managed assets, Santander Consumer USA (NYSE: SC) is a full-service, technology-driven consumer finance company focused on vehicle finance and third-party servicing. Additionally, operating as Chrysler Capital we provide full-spectrum automotive finance for Chrysler Group dealers; direct-to-consumer lending solutions; plus fleet, lease, floorplan and business lending solutions. We are committed to providing excellent service to our customers, our people and our community by placing our Simple, Personal, and Fair values at the center of everything we do. Founded in 1995, SC is headquartered in Dallas, TX and currently has over 6,000 Associates across various locations. For more information visit http://www.santanderconsumerusa.com
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, prescription drug coverage, short and long term disability, many of which you are eligible for on your date of hire. We also offer 18/22 days of vacation and 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with company match of 6% and volunteer PTO time.
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company's business units. Aims to deliver superior service to Dealers clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery.
Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Collections
Accountable for the day-to-day support of dealer receivables in all stages and statuses in order to ensure that payments are received in a timely manner and to minimize losses. Ensures adherence to internal policy and external regulations. Supports respectful dealer experiences throughout the collection process.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Director of Dealer Collections for the Auto Loan & Lease Collections portfolios oversees the collections operations team and is responsible for ensuring all policies, procedures and regulations are followed during the collection process. The incumbent connects directly with the dealers when it is determined that the dealer owes SC and/or Chrysler Capital on items such as missing equipment, participation chargebacks, product cancellations, and dealer unwinds. The Director of Dealer Collections for Auto Loan & Lease is focused on creating a positive and professional environment where the Dealer views the collection team as knowledgeable, helpful and a solution provider.
- Monitors collection and loss trends and effectively communicates these trends to executive management.
- Develops collection strategies that maximize resources while minimizing repossessions and losses.
- Develops collection strategies that maximize resources while minimizing expense.
- Directs the collection of past due accounts to maintain delinquency percentage and losses within acceptable levels.
- Ensures that collection programs offered to Dealers are administered effectively and comply with company guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations and company collection polices.
- Approves and controls collection-related expenses; ensuring that expenses are necessary and reasonable.
- Performs monthly, quarterly and annual reviews as required.
- Defines, develops and executes innovative and new solutions that improve Santander's overall processes.
- Reviews and analyzes all available reports and metrics to determine trends and opportunities for process and efficiency improvement.
- Reviews and analyzes all business metrics with the objective of continuous process improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers and professional staff. Is responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Education –
- Bachelor's Degree
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- 9-12 years
- Skills & Abilities –
- Thorough knowledge of current technology; including collections, call center, and predictive dialing technology
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience making data-driven decisions
- Comfortable presenting performance data to large groups and Sr. Executives
- Recommend risk ratings and charge offs
- Strong understanding of collection laws and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of consumer, residential, commercial and/or dealer originated installment lending as applicable
- Basic knowledge of on-line collection systems
- Thorough knowledge of general organizational operations and procedures
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to resolve moderate problems with minimal guidance
- Astute judgement and ability to analyze data.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.