Director Executive Complaints ManagementOperations Strategy North Richland Hills, Texas
Job Family: Legal & Corporate Affairs
Responsible for addressing and mitigating client issues and concerns. Conducts data reporting and complex analyses to understand customer needs for the design and implementation of high quality and efficient operational service capabilities. Delivers call center and face-to-face customer service to clients at branch locations, aligning interactions with company procedures and policies for service execution.
Job Function: Corporate Affairs
Works in a variety of ways to advance the company’s interests and maintain and enhance the company’s reputation by educating and influencing external audiences/stakeholders (i.e., customers, media, government organizations, general public) to improve the environment in which the company and its businesses operates. Develops and implements strategies for influencing government policy and legislative direction to foster favorable legislative, regulatory, political, community and economic operating conditions for the company. Oversees community relations/corporate responsibility and consumer practices initiatives in order to help address social, economic, and environmental challenges and promote the company’s positive image.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Director, Consumer & Business Practices is responsible for developing and implementing programs across the organization that exemplify the Company’s high standards in a repeatable, consistent, and sustainable manner. S/he advises management on important consumer financial services products, consumer protection considerations, and the execution of remediation plans to address regulatory matters.
- Leads and develops Consumer Practices teams through communication, performance management, development plans, and training.
- Builds and implements oversight processes and methods for consumer practices across the organization.
- Directs the overall function of the Consumer Practices department while minimizing/mitigating company losses.
- Partners with Legal and Compliance with all internal, vendor, state or Federal audits.
- Analyzes Advocacy department data to identify trends and suggest potential changes in systems, procedures, and training.
- Monitors, analyzes, and delivers Consumer Practices reporting to Senior Management.
- Creates, plans, and executes all aspects of management relating to providing best in class customer satisfaction for our internal and external customers alike.
- Ensures compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Provides updates to executives on individual cases and/or summary level root cause insights.
- Maintains abreast of current and prospective technical innovations under development for use in Consumer Practices.
- Liaises with senior business partners across the entities to ensure practices meet the standards.
- Leads the development and execution of strategies, processes and initiatives for the Consumer Practices group.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers and professional staff. Is responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree
- or equivalent work experience
- Master’s Degree
- Experience –
- 9-12 years Relevant experience in financial or other regulated industries including regulatory and consumer compliance management experience.
- Process Improvement work or certifications (Six Sigma, Lean, Tatham, Green Belt, etc.)
- Skills & Abilities –
- Comprehensive knowledge of Consumer Practices, Risk, and Compliance principles and best practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state compliance laws and regulations
- Demonstrated effectiveness presenting and influencing decision-making of key stakeholders (Executive Management, Board of Directors, Clients).
- Exceptional negotiation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
- Sound business judgment and an ability to effectively solve problems.
- Strong presence and can interact effectively with the Board, CEO and senior leadership.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership and managerial skills.
- Ability to lead, manage, and coach, with the ability to provide a positive working and learning environment for team.
- Ability to create and foster trust amongst the organization.
- Strongly developed strategic, analytical, and communication skills.
- Superior business acumen and financial services awareness.
- Exceptional problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.