Director, IT Service ManagementInformation Technology Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities: Under the general direction of the Head of Infrastructure, the Director of Service Management will be responsible for leading IT Service Management organization responsible for Change, Problem, Incident, and Release management, CMDB, Centralized Command Center and Asset Management functions. In addition, this leader plays an important leadership role in the overall service management transformation strategy incorporating new ITIL framework and tools that will support Santander’s strategic objective to become a nimbler organization. The leader will be deeply involved in the strategic roadmap development and execution to enable the organization to deliver value and efficiency more quickly. In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of 40+ highly technical professionals.
- Develops and maintains ITSM vision, goals and objectives.
- Lead cross entity activities within the ITSM function to ensure team members comply with IT standards and processes.
- Partner with IT Operations and Application Development teams to create and maintain a holistic view of technology services activities to ensure effective delivery, management and improvement of services that align to and meet business needs.
- Responsible for ensuring organizational readiness for new and/or matured processes and services with full oversight of Change, Release, Problem and Incident management.
- Develop, implement, monitor and improve Key Performance and Risk Indicators (KPIs and KRIs).
- Provide leadership to continuously improve ServiceNow platform and CMDB capabilities.
- Lead Hardware and Software Asset Management teams and ensure completeness and accuracy of assets are maintained in the systems of record.
- Manage the centralized Command Center and ensure round the clock levels 1 and 2 coverage is provided for all applications and infrastructure.
- Provide a direct communications interface for the business units and other technical supporting areas regarding all IT Service Management related issues and concerns.
- Ensure that teams adhere to all ITSM processes including problem determination procedures, trouble shooting processes, ticket creation, timely and detailed ticket updates, escalation and notification processes and closure within the specific resolution.
- Maintain documentation for all service management standards and processes.
- Drive automation for all repetitive processes where appropriate.
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external technology partners to prioritize, estimate and complete projects in support of business.
- Remains current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate.
- Collaborates with peers to actively participate in leading strategic and operational planning for the organization to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and leading the area of expertise.
- Special projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management or engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years’ experience in Help Desk/Desktop Support Operations, Incident Management and/or Call Center Operations.
- A highly motivated and process-oriented leader with demonstrable experience in the financial services arena.
- Must have experience with supporting, managing and leading large cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience with leading IT service management functions and Asset Management.
- Vast experience with ITIL framework and process management.
- Should have proven experience with leading command center operations and drive efficiency
- Experience in designing, developing and executing programs and strategies which increase internal customer satisfaction.
- Must possess strong leadership and teamwork skills across multiple lines of businesses.
- Ability to present updates to senior leadership and recommend solutions for ongoing challenges.
- Experience effectively partnering with 3rd party providers and suppliers to achieve overall Santander objectives.
- Experience with regulatory compliance issues, as well best practices in application and network security.
- Proven problem solver with the ability to quickly assess, analyze, execute and resolve complex challenges.
- Take an active role in cultural building and driving internal team satisfaction across technology operations.
- Proven IT leadership and staff development skills in a regulated industry.
- Persuasive, professional communication style. Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences. Ability to interact with senior management and influence decision makers.
- Natural communicator comfortable within a highly challenging, fast paced and ever-changing landscape.
- Extended work hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.