Director of Business AnalysisAnalytics/Reporting Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
Senior member of the pricing strategy team supporting the company’s origination and portfolio management strategies through product management, pricing and profitability forecasting, marketing analytics, and business intelligence. Provides mentorship and guidance to junior members of the pricing strategy team.
- Develops sound and robust credit policies, decision parameters and pricing rules as part of the underwriting process.
- Develops and maintains new products, pricing and credit programs, and strategic alliances meeting credit, profitability, and volume targets established by the company.
- Develops and supports complex analytical processes and procedures to identify risks and opportunities in the origination stream and portfolio.
- Develops forecasting models to enhance profitability while reducing/maintaining similar loss profile and ensure sufficient risk adjusted returns.
- Interacts with leadership of all departments to facilitate the accomplishment of company goals.
- Mentors staff throughout the group in accordance with company goals.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required, advanced degree preferred
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years credit risk management experience
- Ability to apply complex financial and statistical principles and display advanced quantitative and analytical abilities
- Proficiency in analytical methods and model development
- Strong knowledge of underwriting and collection practices
- Ability to effectively explain to others how to understand and approach complicated issues
- Ability to translate analysis into a clear business plan
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong leadership skills with focus on staff development and mentorship
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.