VP, PricingAnalytics/Reporting Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Product Development & Management
Researches, develops and implements competitive pricing programs and/or banking products and services for various lines of business to appropriately price based on risk, deposit, or credit goals while maintaining profitability. Continuously monitors the market and competitor strategies to ensure pricing is in line to provide consumers and/or clients a fair price while maintaining market share and/or deposit levels. Plans, directs and facilitates all phases of the pricing strategy changes from inception through introduction into the marketplace. Ensures products meet regulatory and industry standards.
Job Function: Product Development
Researches, develops and implements competitive banking products and services for the consumer, small business and corporate markets to maximize profits. Translates technological advances and consumer needs into usable and marketable products. Plans, directs and facilitates all phases of the product life cycle, from inception through introduction into the marketplace. Ensures products meet regulatory and industry standards.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Director, Pricing guides and shapes the definition of Santander pricing strategy, with cross-functional input. The incumbent develops and drives pricing strategy across the organization, and analyzes new opportunities to increase overall profit.
- Guides and shapes the definition of Santander’s overall pricing strategy, with cross-functional input.
- Develops and drives holistic pricing strategy across the organization, working across functions and geographies.
- Analyzes new originations and identifies opportunities to increase overall profit and volume penetration.
- Develops comparative industry analyses and creates competitive assessments- Providing financial analysis to ensuring portfolios meet appropriate profitability and return thresholds.
- Translate pricing strategies into system and process compatible deliverables to support implementation and execution. Understand what works, what doesn’t and why
- Conducts oversight of third-party providers including testing and monitoring or price actions.
- Develops customer segmentation approaches to analyze profitability- Establishing price test methodologies to measure price elasticity.
- Designs and reviews outcomes and recommends changes to incentive pricing and special price campaigns.
- Leads pricing team, ensuring deep expertise and coordinating support for Product Management and Sales leaders.
- Establishes and owns procedures for review and adjustment of pricing strategy, based on changing market landscape.
- Provides project management and leadership ensuring initiatives are delivered on-time and on-budget and delivers the required target benefits.
- Works closely with business leadership, and internal and key external partners to define and deliver the product vision for the next generation Pricing engine.
- Collaborates closely with the business, marketing/content, merchandising and customer service teams on new features, ensuring business and customer needs are met and exceeded; deliver new features on time and on budget.
- Drives insights on customer behavior. Identify, measure, and improve key customer experience metrics.
- Continually optimizes the product and feature roadmap and manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, time-to-market, and operational support load.
- Conducts some or all of the following: oversee user interface design, usability testing, requirements definition, research, metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, QA testing, and launch efforts.
- Manages the prioritization and backlog of feature requests, conduct scoping estimates and be the primary point of contact for technical teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers and professional staff. Is responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- 9-12 years Pricing and/or pricing processes experience.
- 9-12 years Auto Experience applying advanced analytics for pricing, Industry knowledge and experience preferred.
- 9-12 years Experience with user interaction, customer experience and backend capability development.
- 9-12 years Experience onboarding and managing third party agencies/technology platforms, ensuring work is complete on time and on budget.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Strong background in accounting, financial modeling and forecasting
- Balance of strategic and executional skills
- Proven ability to establish and leverage credibility and rapport with peers and senior executives across disciplines and levels
- Track record of successfully delivering results across organizational boundaries
- Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
- Strong communication and presentation skills with keen business acumen
- Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages in written and verbal communications
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly software applications and customer-facing features.
- Overall proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint); Advanced MS Excel skills
- Data-driven, experience in customer behavior analysis to drive product insights, including experience with web/mobile analytics platforms/tools.
- Attention to detail, excellent organization, ability to prioritize work load and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to implement procedures and guidelines
- Rigorous and focus on results
- Patient, willing to learn new skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and affinity for numbers
- Analytical and organized with relentless attention to detail
- Influence – Information Sharing: Advanced – Leading and Guiding
- Ensures people receive the information they require, and brings the team together to share information
- Change Orientation – Flexibility: Advanced – Leading and Guiding
- Anticipates the impact of change and creates an environment where change can be initiated with minimal disruptions and negative impact Helps people to understand how proposed changes will affect them and the organization
- Problem Solving – Resourcefulness: Advanced – Leading and Guiding
- Ensures required resources and skills are in place to maintain smooth day-to-day operations and tackle arising problems
- Customer Focus – Customer Understanding: Advanced – Leading and Guiding
- Stays up-to-date with needs, preferences, trends and practices which impact customers Acts as a role model by being a source of advice and knowledge regarding customer issues
- Risk Management – Continuous Process Improvement: Advanced – Leading and Guiding
- Designs, develops and drives the adoption of risk management policies, processes, and procedures Applies advanced skills in operational processes and uses it to improve work efficiency and quality
- Risk Business Acumen – Industry Acumen: Advanced – Leading and Guiding
- Keeps up -to-date with external market events, pressures and regulations which may impact the organization and assesses whether similar issues exist in the organization Can identify functional and organizational implications associated with major trends Designs solutions to address industry activities that impact the organization
- Risk Business Acumen – Financial Command: Advanced – Leading and Guiding
- Considers multiple business and financial factors when weighing the merits of alternative risk strategies Has extensive experience in interpreting and analyzing a variety of financial data to diagnose significant or unusual operational risk
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.