Director, Quality ControlQuality Control Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Business Operations
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the company’s business units. Aims to deliver superior service to clients by driving and optimizing the effectiveness and efficiency of people, processes and technology thereby enhancing financial performance, increasing investment capacity, and managing risk. Builds the sustainable repeatable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of service and execution. Analyzes and reviews data tools, business processes and operational standards to execute service delivery. Evaluates and ensures that operations meet company objectives, business needs, service agreements and relevant requirements. Researches and monitors external landscape to identify developments and translate them into operational implications for the company.
Job Function: Auto Loan & Lease Quality
Monitors and evaluates reporting, metrics, trends and consumer interactions, for quality and adherence to internal process and standards and regulatory expectations. Works to address issues and trends and collaborates cross-functionally to improve operational processes, quality and controls.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Director, Quality Management is responsible for facilitating the development, implementation, and management of the Quality Control Function for Operations.
· Provides input into the vision and direction of the department’s responsibility for enhancing and conducting quality reviews that will support the control directives set by Executive Management.
· Monitors, analyzes, and reports exception to Senior Management.
· Support second line functions review and audit first line efforts
· Compiles and analyzes statistical data related to performance
· Maintains and develops relationships to support the needs across all departments to maximize efficiency and continually evaluates and enhances workflow.
· Maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of all tools that are available to each associate, continually coaching and training associates
· Responsible for development and management of all direct reports in line with corporate objectives.
· Manages other projects as deemed necessary by the Executive.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages subordinate managers and professional staff. Is responsible for the strategic guidance, development and evaluation of employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business, Finance, or equivalent degree.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- 9-12 years Loan Operations, Servicing, or related degree.
- Auto Finance industry experience.
- Leadership/Management experience.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Ability to prioritize and reprioritize as conditions change
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Building and maintaining professional relationships
- Providing consistent and dependable support
- Confidence to take charge in the absence of detailed instructions
- Inquisitive nature and capacity to research unfamiliar topic to resolve a concern or identify the source of an issue
- Ability to recognize potential roadblocks and obstacles, heading them off when possible and escalating to director
- Confidence to thoughtfully question/ challenge policies and procedures that no longer seem fit for purpose
- Possess the agility to react and effectively manage competing priorities
- Ability to identify efficiencies
- Successfully communicate horizontally and laterally
- Internally motivated to drive change
- Opportunities for exposure and career growth
- Advanced MS EXCEL and PowerPoint skills required
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk management needs and designing new solutions based on detailed analysis.
- Strong risk, process, and control validation and/or assessment skills.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.