Summary of Responsibilities:
The Strategic Operations Governance and Oversight (“GO”) group represents Santander Consumer USA Inc. (“SC”) in providing guidance regarding best practices, adherence to internal policy and regulatory requirements within the first line of defense (“FLOD”). The Director of Strategic Operations Governance and Oversight will support the VP Strategic Operations Governance and Oversight in ensuring that the FLOD internal control environment are appropriately built, effectively managed and promote an appropriate culture of risk and compliance.
Serve as a subject matter expert in financial services industry regulatory compliance to ensure business decisions and activities fall within the established risk appetite. The Director ensures and that internal controls are in place and functioning effectively to support management decision-making that protects the assets of the organization and adheres to applicable corporate policies, operating directives, laws and regulations. Follows vision from VP to develop and maintain a regulatory interpretation and control advisory program that monitors specific areas of interest and evaluates key risk indicators.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert regarding regulatory requirements and internal controls for the Line of Business.
- Responsible for the assimilation of regulatory matters providing timely advice with pragmatic solutions to decrease instances of potential non-compliance and / or address deficiencies within the current internal control environment.
- Provide regulatory and control guidance regarding business practices, key decisions, policies, processes and, standards.
- Provide guidance on projects and business initiatives in alignment with the organizations risk appetite, internal policy and regulatory requirements.
- Effectively challenge the Line of Business identifying opportunities for improvement within the internal control environment to ensure compliance.
- Provide input and maintain uniformed ongoing risk based monitoring and oversight utilizing KRIs/KPIs.
- Support the fair treatment of customers by conducting ongoing reviews leveraging KRIs/KPIs to identify opportunities for improvement within our practices, processes and controls.
- Guide monitoring activities of higher risk areas / processes to ensure proper adherence with the regulatory requirements.
- Monitor industry emerging trends / risks that may have an impact on the organization to ensure that appropriate steps are taken to mitigate the identified risks.
- Identify data trends, root cause(s) and provide remediation guidance.
- Possess knowledge of bank and non-bank financial institution related regulatory requirements, specifically related to consumer compliance regulations, and industry best practices.
- Demonstrate confident leadership and, sound judgment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with executives and senior management of LOBs cross functionally.
- Ensures that all tasks are carried out with a high degree of professionalism.
- Provides effective people management and development, to ensure retention, nurturing and continuing professional development of our talent.
- Provides continuous motivation and development to the team, including setting adequate and measurable goals / objective setting to aide staff development with ongoing review.
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day activities of direct reports and providing leadership and direction to the team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Santander’s policies and applicable laws.
- Demonstrates ability to work as part of a team and individually as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with business related or similar focus required.
- Eight (8) years compliance, risk management or similar experience in the financial service industry preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years management experience in financial services compliance, risk management, internal audit or similar experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of most regulatory requirements such as Fair Lending, ECOA (Reg. B), FCRA, UDAAP, TCPA, SCRA, FDCPA, GLBA, Credit CARD Act, Reg. M, FACTA, TILA BSA / AML, and FTC Credit rules.
- Proficient analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- High ethical standards.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, industries, and project schedules.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to foster a collaborative working relationship with multiple functional areas, operational areas, and complex business lines.
- Proficient with MS Office; Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Professional certification (CRCM, CIA, CCSA)
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
- Auto lending / leasing industry experience
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Project Management
- Prior experience in corporate environment dealing with regulators, auditors and legal counsel.
- Knowledge of state requirements associated with auto lending / leasing and industry best practices.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.