Finance InternCollege/Internships Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Finance Intern shall be responsible for supporting the following business units: Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Corporate Development, Capital Markets, and/or Treasury.
Depending on what business unit you support, the following essential functions may apply:
- Financial modelling and working with formulas to get process maps in place.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecasts
- Assisting with the compilation and preparation of state and federal financial information
- Assisting with the reconciliation of general ledger accounts and preparation of correcting entries
- Documentation of step by step processes
- Clean up models to improve user understanding
- PowerPoint Deck preparation
- Assisting in the preparation of quarterly and annual external reporting data
- Assisting with the research of various state and federal regulations and financial reporting issues
- Ad-hoc reporting as requested
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field
- Ability to work 12 consecutive (40 hr) weeks between May-August
- Ability to participate in intern activities throughout the summer
- Ability communicate well through oral and written communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Project/task oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide critical analysis
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail, with ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines and carry out multiple priorities
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.