Financial Forecasting AnalystFinance Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Financial Analyst II shall be responsible for performing research and analysis related to direct and indirect consumer financing to assist the Accounting, Treasury, and Planning departments in meeting their operational goals and achieving the overall company’s objectives. Develop and support modeling, analysis, and reporting using the technology that best fits the solution, as well as supporting the company’s budgeting and forecasting process.
- Create and write stored procedures, views, tables, DTS packages in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Develop reporting solutions through multiple tools as needed. Ability to produce interactive graphs, pivot tables etc. for report requirements.
- Use advanced analysis, forecasting, and modeling concepts to predict key elements in support of company’s budgeting and forecasting process.
- Manage financial models and reports, including forecasts for revenue, losses, profit, and variance analysis.
- Analyze portfolio trends for risks and opportunities relative to credit, collateral, and operational efficiencies.
- Utilize sound testing analysis to include cost-benefit analysis of different acquisition / portfolio strategies.
- Design and maintain portfolio forecasting tools designed to aid corporate departments in budgeting, planning, and securitizing activities.
- Use appropriate presentation tools to present results and recommendations to management.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and modify all previous reports as business needs change, as well as when problems arise.
- Partnering with Information Technology and Decision Science Teams in support of Data Warehouse, Reporting or other projects as assigned. Document all reporting requirements, applications and reports as they are released
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in finance or business analysis role
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including experience writing scripts in Visual Basic (intermediate user)
- SQL experience preferably in Microsoft SQL Server (intermediate user)
- Experience with data warehousing, data marts, and data mining. Ability to merge, concatenate, clean data and check for data consistency and accuracy
- Experience working with complex financial models, including validating and reporting on results as well as tracing errors and processing updates.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word & PowerPoint (intermediate user)
- Understanding of Financial Services products and policies, especially loan origination or collections strategies, a plus
- Ability to maintain confidentiality