Functional Control OfficerOperations Support Dallas, Texas
What You Will Be Doing:
- Support a specific FLoD Operations business function in the oversight and management of impacts to the overall control environment including sources such as Federal & State Regulators, Internal Audit, and Compliance as well business identified issues.
- Assist in the preparation of regular and ad-hoc presentations, decks, or reporting to be delivered to Senior Management, SC Committees, Forums or other Working Groups, as well as Second Line of Defense (SLoD), and or external requestors such as Regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate Action Drivers and Mitigating Actions to determine the need for escalation to Functional Control, Issue Management leadership and/or Operational Risk Management. Participate as needed in the creation of escalation notification provided to Executive Management, Ops Risk Committee, and SHUSA stakeholders.
- Provide Customer Correction and Remediation guidance as needed, specifically with the purpose of ensuring control gaps are closed and newly implemented controls are sustainable.
- Facilitate and present discussions on behalf of Business Controls with key stakeholders across the organization and lines of defense including but not limited to: Triage, Governance forums, and Committee structures. For discussions which are owned by Business Controls, facilitate scheduling, preparation of agendas, and completion and distribution of meeting minutes.
- As requested, develop, present, and coordinate strategies to execute work within Business Control team for ad-hoc needs and special projects. Lead team meetings, calibrations or other delegated commitments in the absence of Management.
- Manage a Control Team of 2 – 3 analysts aligned to support of a specific business function to drive accountability for the risk and control framework.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree: Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years Risk Management, Internal Controls, Auditing, Credit Management, relevant line of business experience and/or legal or regulatory experience.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Demonstrated experience supporting and/or leading risk projects across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial services products and services.
- Foundational understanding of the regulatory environment and how the products/services Santander Consumer engages in are viewed by the Second Line of Defense and Regulators.
- Ability to constructively work both independently and in collaborative environments involving all levels of management and employees
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external service providers to establish resource requirements, scheduling, assignments and service levels.
- Ability to build internal and external networks of information resources within the risk management ecosystem.
- Moderate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Applications
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.