Regulatory Testing ManagerOperations Support Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities: The Strategic Operations Governance and Oversight (“GO”) group represents Santander Consumer USA Inc. (“SC”) in providing guidance regarding best practices, adherence to internal policy and regulatory requirements within the first line of defense (“FLOD”). The Manager Strategic Operations Governance and Oversight will support the Director Strategic Operations Governance and Oversight in ensuring that the FLOD internal control environment are effectively managed and executed upon and promote an appropriate culture of risk and compliance.
The Manager Strategic Operations Governance and Oversight performs a key risk management role by reviewing and effectively challenging business line initiatives and processes to comply with applicable consumer laws and regulations. The Manager will serve as the point person to the Line of Business and will perform reviews to evaluate control design and effectiveness, delivering quality results, providing compliance advice, and executing or participating in corporate risk management processes. The Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Strategic Operations Governance and Oversight in developing and carrying out monitoring of controls and providing advice to the Line of Business. The Manager evaluates KRI results and further enhances the automated KRIs to identify areas of regulatory exposure.
- Provide regulatory and control guidance regarding business practices, key decisions, policies, processes and, standards.
- Support the strategic operations program for the development of a culture of risk and compliance through the enhancement and execution of monitoring reviews associated with higher risk regulations and reporting of findings.
- Provide effective challenge to the 1st LoD and guidance on organizational risks and controls as needed.
- Assess operational breakdowns for compliance risk and provide guidance on remediation/recovery plans.
- Provide guidance on controls over compliance requirements and business line monitoring of those controls.
- Perform risk-based reviews of business line control design and execution effectiveness and provide guidance on identified risks or gaps.
- Develop review procedures, including tools/templates necessary to complete reviews (i.e. review check list, official report of review, etc.).
- Work closely with the Lines of Business (“LoB”) to understand risk points and key challenges within the 1st LoD as well as documentation of any related issues noted during the review.
- Ensure review plans are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify requirements to provide direction for the technical build out and/or support of databases, queries, reporting tools, dashboards, etc. that enable analysis and complete and accurate reporting for the Strategic Operations Governance and Oversight team.
- Stay abreast of industry emerging trends pertinent to SC to facilitate a more proactive approach to risk identification and mitigation.
- Responsible for staying abreast of regulatory issues, developments, changes and evaluating impact on applicable areas, collaborating with Director and the LoB on implementation and risk mitigation efforts.
- Works with management to determine scope and examination techniques required to assess the control reviews for the area.
- Contacts business management to identify areas needing review and to arrange examination steps and timetable.
- Reviews a variety of documentation, examines methods and systems, and interviews personnel to obtain information on actual practice.
- Compares practice with regulatory and internal requirements to identify variances.
- Determines areas where corrective action is required.
- Prepares written reports / memorandums on review findings and recommendations.
- Performs reviews independently as needed or in conjunction with other assigned personnel, acting in a lead capacity.
- Discusses and validates findings with management.
- Prepares and presents conclusions and recommendations to management.
- Stays current on company policy and regulations impacting company business.
- Special projects as requested including internal investigations and consultancy work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with business related or similar focus required.
- Six (6) years in regulatory compliance, risk management or similar experience in financial service industry or regulatory agency preferred.
- One (1) to three (3) years management experience in financial services compliance preferred.
- Internal candidates who do not meet the stated requirements for management experience (but, are otherwise qualified) may be considered for this role on a conditional basis in compliance with section 9.3.33 of SC’s Internal Transfer and Promotion Policy.
- Prior experience in corporate environment dealing with regulators, auditors and legal counsel is preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements such as Fair Lending, ECOA (Reg. B), FCRA, UDAAP, TCPA, SCRA, FDCPA, GLBA, Credit CARD Act, Reg. M, FACTA, TILA BSA / AML, and FTC Credit rules.
- Knowledge of state requirements associated with auto lending / leasing and industry best practices (i.e. UCC, Right to Cure, Right to Redeem, Retail Instalment Sales Act, Motor Vehicle Instalment Sales Act, etc.), preferred.
- Ability to act proactively to ensure risk management is up-to-date and meets the needs of our business.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- High ethical standards.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, industries, and project schedules.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to foster a collaborative working relationship with multiple functional areas, operational areas, and complex business lines.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proficient with MS Office; Excel, PowerPoint and Word is essential.
- Professional certification (CRCM, CIA, and / or CCSA)
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
- Five (5) years of Auto lending / leasing compliance experience
- Three (3) years of experience as a Compliance Consultant, Compliance Examiner with a Regulatory agency, Regulatory Compliance Attorney, etc.
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Project Management Certification
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.