Head of IT Operations and SupportInformation Technology Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for infrastructure support, data center and field operations. The position will lead teams responsible for recovery of incidents, operations, maintenance and monitoring. This role will play a critical role in the development and execution of strategies that implement best practices, deliver operational excellence, and focus on continual service improvement. In addition, this role will build new infrastructure competencies.
- Leads the IT Operations Strategy to ensure readiness for future. Develop knowledge of industry trends, best practices, internal IT strategy, technologies and architectures in order to recommend scalable and efficient support and operations methods. Develop and implement IT standards and documentation, perform root cause analysis and create preventive measures. Manage daily operations of IT support services, creating internal and external service-level agreements. Implement and monitor system backup and recovery
- Lead key internal resources and outsourced vendors to drive transformation and continuous improvements to deliver on enterprise objectives. Partners with internal and external technology system providers to plan for short term and future needs. Participates actively and partners with procurement in vendor identification and negotiations for services to ensure application development and maintenance support
- Works across organization boundaries, horizontal and vertical to socialize concepts and ensure active buy-in and commitment of key stakeholders. Ensures that system infrastructure is flexible and support the business needs by maintaining an understanding of business strategies and infrastructure capabilities
- Develops and leads a team of professionals, and manages teams responsible for incident recovery.
- Implement and manage governance processes that result in effective controls and alignment between the internal business and IT partners
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in IS, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
Experience: 15 years in Operations technology roles; at least 10 years’ leadership experience, 5 of which should be in a senior executive leadership role, and experience as a CIO/CTO direct report. Experience working in a global matrix environment, with geographically disbursed resources. Experience running a departments with 50+ staff
Technical /Functional Qualifications:
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of organizational technical and security architectures
- Skilled in organizational development, strategic planning and implementation
- Strong communication and leadership skills; possesses an in-depth knowledge of IT to implement change; is collaborative and works effectively with
- Affiliate partners to provide seamless service to our internal clients and external customers
- Knowledge of financial industry, consumer lending and auto finance
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to working on a computer
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.