Human Resources InternCollege/Internships Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- An internship within our HR department will give you a chance to gain exposure across a range of operational and specialist HR; which may include Core HR, HR Documentation, HR Management (including work at remote sites), Training and Development, HRIS, and Comp and Benefits.
- Supporting the HR function within various departments
- Train with Core HR on investigation process
- Train with HRIS on systems
- Train with Recruiting on step by step process to fill a position
- Train side by side with Compensation and Benefits
- Performs other duties as assigned
- At least entering Junior year of undergraduate degree
- Coursework in Communications, General Business, or Organizational Development/HR management preferred
- Ability to work 12 consecutive (40 hr) weeks between May-August
- Willingness to participate in intern activities throughout the summer
- Career interest in HR/Organizational Development
- Flexibility and willingness to delve into unfamiliar areas
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.