Incident Management AnalystInformation Technology Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Information Technology
Designs, analyzes and supports the company’s information technology structure, systems and processes. Acquires, designs, implements and operates the company’s information technology resources (e.g., computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications, data, databases, etc.). Deploys, acquires, maintains and ensures security of information technology assets. Plans and tests processes to ensure compliance with system requirements, business objectives, security standards and other technical requirements.
Job Function: Infrastructure Operations
Designs, plans, and governs strategic and cross-organizational optimization of an enterprise’s systems, processes, or components. Controls and monitors day-to-day IT operations, change management, deployment, and DC and systems management. Ensures that the business and IT are in alignment. Drives the architecture approaches and processes to ensure that it is the most efficient and secure IT environment for the company.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Specialist, Infrastructure Operations provides cross-functional operations & network engineering support to the Infrastructure Operations team. S/he responds to open trouble tickets escalated from the help desk; investigates and resolves messaging systems issues; installs and supports new enterprise infrastructure components and associated issues.
- Troubleshoots system & network administration to support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization.
- Leverages open source tools and expertise to administrate and support security infrastructure including Linux, Windows, Storage Area Networks, switches, applications, and administrative solutions.
- Installs new software releases; system and network upgrades; evaluates and installs patches, and resolves software related problems.
- Performs systems & component level (routers/gateways) backups and recovery, and maintains and monitors system and LAN/WAN topology & telephony configuration.
- Participates and collaborates on security monitoring and log management solutions to the firm’s internal customers
- Participates in capacity management planning and infrastructure growth.
- Tests and coordinates updates for vulnerability and performance patching including Applications, Operating System, and Firmware.
- Collaborates with teams in other locations to ensure ongoing, reliable performance of integrated security solutions across the Sony operating companies.
- Develops, evaluates and improves operational process, procedure manuals/playbooks, and documentation.
- Engages with vendors, customers, and other external entities to provide timely support in event of outages and other system issues.
- Leads customer engagements/POCs and participates in taskforces.
- Reports any violations of Security Policy and Systems Standards to management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- 3-5 years Related infrastructure experience.
- Experience with problem and incident management, change management, and maintaining an operational infrastructure.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Knowledge of current desktop and mobile computing technology used by the business
- Knowledge of Computer Hardware, SAN Storage, Clustering and Virtualization
- Knowledge of systems architectures and information security practices
- Knowledge of core business applications and their operation
- Ability to work under high pressure situations calmly
- Strong and efficient problem-solving and analytical skills
- Communicates technical information to non-technical personnel effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to analyze problems and work with users to resolve issues or escalate to a higher level of support
- Ability to evaluate the satisfaction of users and clients on an ongoing basis
- Ability to recognize the need to escalate issues in a timely manner that cannot be resolved at the contact level
- Ability to provide support to other team members in problem resolution
- Ability to quickly analyze problems, interpret operational needs, and resolve or escalate problems in a timely manner
- Ability to provide real time support for system issues
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision to meet agreed service levels, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ability to create business meaningful reports from system logs for resource planning efforts by management
- Ability to communicate with management regarding the status of system and support issues
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.