Incident ManagerInformation Technology Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Information Technology
Designs, analyzes and supports the company’s information technology structure, systems and processes. Acquires, designs, implements and operates the company’s information technology resources (e.g., computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications, data, databases, etc.). Deploys, acquires, maintains and ensures security of information technology assets. Plans and tests processes to ensure compliance with system requirements, business objectives, security standards and other technical requirements.
Job Function: Infrastructure Operations
Designs, plans, and governs strategic and cross-organizational optimization of an enterprise’s systems, processes, or components. Controls and monitors day-to-day IT operations, change management, deployment, and DC and systems management. Ensures that the business and IT are in alignment. Drives the architecture approaches and processes to ensure that it is the most efficient and secure IT environment for the company.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Consultant, Infrastructure Operations is a subject matter expert who analyzes existing complex programs and formulates logic for complex internal systems. S/he prepares flowcharts, performs coding, and tests/debugs programs. The incumbent develops conversion and system implementation plans and utilizes their expertise to recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
- Drives process execution quality with KPI as measurements, ensures clear transparency and monitors and reports results.
- Works cross functionally to define and develop metrics, data collection, modeling, and reporting prototypes to establish trends and patterns on infrastructure events within datacenter.
- Coordinates efforts among the infrastructure and client teams to judge possible business impact and trigger necessary escalation.
- Works to remove roadblocks that prevent Ops from working most effectively.
- Communicates technical information to wider audiences with periodic updates.
- Partners with change management team to ensure modifications and improvements made to the environment are executed in a safe, validated, and fully understood manner.
- Participates within post mortem investigations and provides review and resolution suggestions for both internal and external customer consumption.
- Monitors, analyzes and recommends solutions to performance problems with enterprise business applications.
- Works closely with development teams for planning and gathering requirements for future upgrade pre-requisites, their validations, proof of concepts etc. and finally incorporating those into the automated execution.
- Communicates new product features and functionality to Cloud Operations teams and pro-actively tests and validates the impact on current LCM tools and processes.
- Provides technical workshops and hands-on guidance to infrastructure operations team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- 5-9 years Successful experience in building Technology Infrastructure and Operational environments.
- Project planning and management experience.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate complex concepts – in speaking and writing –with team members and all levels of technical and nontechnical customer stakeholders
- Ability to create diagrams, policies, procedures, presentations, etc., as needed for day-to-day management as well as read blueprints/schematics, etc. as needed for planning/issue remediation
- Familiarity of industry change management best practices
- Enriching interpersonal skills
- Highly self motivated and self-directed
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, quality, and follow-through; commitment to continuous improvement and the elimination of performance variability
- Ability to think analytically and independently, providing the thought leadership necessary to introduce incremental and evolutionary change
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements with a flexible and creative approach to brainstorming, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Well-rounded and advanced knowledge and skills across networks, servers, databases, cloud services, security, and other related disciplines
- Knowledge of systems architectures and information security practices
- Ability to work under high pressure situations calmly
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, is comfortable with ambiguity
- Clear leadership and capability to take fact based hard decisions when required, and ensure stakeholder alignment and clear communications
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.