Incident ManagerInformation Technology Dallas, Texas
- Drives the efficiency and effectiveness of the incident management process.
- Produces metrics, KPIs and other reports relating to the incident management process.
- Monitors the effectiveness of incident management and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Reviews and audits the Incident Management process.
- Ensures that all IT teams follow the incident management process for all incidents.
- Coordinates and manages the Incident Management process activities across the enterprise environment and with external suppliers to agreed SLAs.
- Works closely with the Service Desk and other support teams during the troubleshooting process to identify known errors and similar incidents that have occurred in the past.
- Works closely with Problem Management to identify Root Cause while producing and maintaining all supporting data, documentation and reports.
- Responsible for the complete process adherence and handling of incidents according to SLAs.
- Demonstrate depth of technical acumen, communication skills and an understanding of both business and IT priorities
- Understand the technical landscape of the environment and be able to define direction based on sound technical knowledge
- Proactively manage the resolution of major incidents in a timely manner, ensuring minimal business impact, and initiate escalation procedure as appropriate.
- Responsible for acting as an escalation point to expedite incident resolution.
- Utilizes the incident management process to reduce MTTR and overall incident count.
- Analyzes incident data for trending purposes and leverages the problem management process to reduce incidents and perform continuous service improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- 5-9 years Successful experience in building Technology Infrastructure and Operational environments.
- Project planning and management experience.
- Skills & Abilities –
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate complex concepts – in speaking and writing –with team members and all levels of technical and nontechnical customer stakeholders
- Ability to create diagrams, policies, procedures, presentations, etc., as needed for day-to-day management as well as read blueprints/schematics, etc. as needed for planning/issue remediation
- Familiarity of industry change management best practices
- Enriching interpersonal skills
- Highly self motivated and self-directed
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, quality, and follow-through; commitment to continuous improvement and the elimination of performance variability
- Ability to think analytically and independently, providing the thought leadership necessary to introduce incremental and evolutionary change
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements with a flexible and creative approach to brainstorming, troubleshooting, and problem solving
- Well-rounded and advanced knowledge and skills across networks, servers, databases, cloud services, security, and other related disciplines
- Knowledge of systems architectures and information security practices
- Ability to work under high pressure situations calmly
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, is comfortable with ambiguity
- Clear leadership and capability to take fact based hard decisions when required, and ensure stakeholder alignment and clear communications
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.