Instructional DesignerHuman Resources Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Human Resources
Designs, implements, and monitors human capital programs and policies including total rewards, talent management, learning and development, recruitment and employee relations. Anticipates and plans for long-term people-related needs and trends. Ensures current employees have the necessary skills for future requirements. Maintains HR information systems.
Job Function: Learning & Development
Develops, implements, and/or supports training plans and programs that ensure that leadership, team and individual contributor skills and capabilities are at a standard that meets current and future requirements of the company and industry. Analyzes employee development needs to determine gaps and requirements for new program development. Conducts and supports ongoing evaluations of training programs to ensure effectiveness of programs, recommends modifications and implements enhancements as necessary.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Instructional Designer role provides administrative support to the Solution, Design & Delivery function. S/he partners with a team to plan, design, develop, test, and deploy training content across multiple lines of business and ensures that adult learning principles are effectively applied and that project standards are maintained. The incumbent assists with creating, processing and coordinating of all internal training initiatives, and maintains instructional materials for instructor-led, self-directed, virtual classroom, web-based, and/or blended learning platforms.
- Updates, designs and develops learning materials aligned to maintenance needs of established course content maintaining consistency with the current program.
- Develop and Design eLearning Courses
- Design Participant Guides/Facilitator Guides
- Design Presentations for Instructor Let Training
- Create Infographics and Job Aids
- Work with SMEs to identify training need and gaps in learning
- Identify new learning trends
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor's Degree: in Instructional Design, Online Learning, Adult Learning, Elementary or Secondary Education, or a equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- 0-3 years Designing formal and informal learning resources and programs.
- 1-3 years of experience with Adobe PhotoShop, Adobe Captivate, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator preferred
- Skills & Abilities –
- Excellent proficiency with MS-Office Suite products, Instructional Design Development tools and methodology. SharePoint Designer and Learning Management Systems and their reporting capability is strongly desired.
- Ability to develop, motivate and direct a team of high-performing individuals who must work with minimum oversight.
- Ability to evaluate performance and implement performance plans for aligning with skill, competency and behavior standards.
- Strong planning, time management and organization skills to complete various projects in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills to make determinations in an efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to interface with senior management
- Licenses & Certifications –
- Active membership in professional training organization (i.e. ATD) preferred.
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.