Insurance Representative IOperations Support North Richland Hills, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Insurance Representative (III) will be responsible for handling Insurance claims for repair, total loss or gap from inception to completion. The associate will be responsible for following Fair Debt Collection Practices Act as well as policies and procedures.
- Reviews and monitors all total loss, repair or gap claims on a daily basis.
- Assists insurance adjusters with requests, questions and problems regarding any pending claim settlements.
- Initiates contact with customers or agencies through outbound calls in an effort to negotiate payments or to satisfy any deficiency balances.
- Makes recommendations to file lien holders’ claims or repossess to ensure all possible recovery efforts are evaluated
- Maintains losses at or below established guidelines for assigned job duties
- Service Inbound calls in accordance with Quality Assurance requirements
- Handles escalated customer/insurance agent calls routed from other departments
- Assists with escalated customer calls when manager is away
- Assists with various Insurance reports for correction or review of accuracy
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for Insurance related questions and training
- Identifies opportunities in order to improve the Insurance Processes and reduce turnaround times on claims handling
- Properly document all account activity in the computer system.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor degree preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years insurance tracking and/or insurance claims experience required
- Previous collections, call center experience preferred.
- Must be an effective communicator with strong Interpersonal skills necessary to promote a cooperative team environment, provide good customer service and negotiate with insurance companies as needed.
- Must have thorough understanding of insurance claims process
- Multiple Insurance functional experiences
- Ability to provide training to associates on Insurance specific functions
- Ability to train other associates on multiple processes within Insurance
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word
- Exercises good judgment with demonstrated attention to detail, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations in order to perform duties described above.
- Assists Manager with regression testing for insurance related project implementations
- Accurate typing and data entry skills.
- Overtime work may be required throughout the year
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.