Internal Audit InternCollege/Internships Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Internal Audit intern will work to get familiarized with the Internal Audit function by learning the methodology, getting involved in audit projects of different nature (operational risk analysis, credit risk analysis, financial risk analysis), and learning how to identify key risks in the business.
- Assist experienced auditors in the execution of controls testing
- Assist experienced auditors in documenting the work performed
- Assist experienced auditors in the preparation of recommendations to the business based on the findings identified during the controls testing.
- Basic administrative functions
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics
- Ability to work 12 consecutive (40 hr.) weeks between May-August
- Ability to participate in intern activities throughout the summer
- Ability communicate well through oral and written communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Project/task oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide critical analysis
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Classes in: Accounting, Auditing, Finance, Statistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team Oriented
- Have great attention to detail
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year/tenure as dictated by management and business needs
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.