Internal Control Analyst II (SOX)Full-Time Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Internal Control Analyst II is responsible for supporting the Manager of Internal Controls and the Director of Internal Controls in the execution of the SOX program and its related activities conducted within SC. This role will report directly to the Manager of SOX Controls.
- Assists with assessing the adequacy of internal controls and efficiencies in business processes.
- Assists with documenting SOX process and control activities via narratives, matrices, and test scripts etc.
- Responsible for audit of consumer allowance for loan and lease losses and related financial statement disclosures
- Along with department leadership will determine the testing approach for CCAR and other regulatory information submitted to our parent bank holding company.
- Audits and tests SOX controls to ensure that they are performed as required and is in accordance with test scripts/control objectives and within budgeted time allowed. Testing is adequately documented and cross-referenced and adheres with sample size requirements and internal SOX methodology.
- Works with process owners to ensure SOX documentation is updated (as needed).
- Assists with maintaining a library of SOX documentation including narratives, test scripts, and risk matrices.
- Builds strong relationships with SOX control and process owner’s, IT SOX internal control team, internal audit, external auditors, internal control team and compliance department.
- Works directly with control and process owners to ensure understanding and knowledge of SOX processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other related discipline.
- Three(3) to five (5)years of Sarbanes Oxley professional experience in a risk & control organization or public accounting firm.
- Understanding of the Sarbanes Oxley Act and COSO framework, including identifying and evaluating key risks; developing and conducting audit testing; documenting work performed; and presenting findings identified
- Big 4/public accounting and industry experience.
- CPA strongly preferred
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong and well developed verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, industries, and project schedules and to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role Employer’s Rights: This job description may not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.