Internal Controls InternFinance Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
Santander Consumer is looking for Summer 2020 Finance interns in the following groups: Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Corporate Development, Internal Controls, Capital Markets, and/or Treasury.
The Finance Intern will be a key member of the organization whose principal focus is to:
- Develop a strong understanding of the company’s products and capabilities, operations and financial performance
- Assist in the development of the annual budget, the strategic plan and monthly forecasts
- Develop, produce and analyze financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for management reviews.
- Ensure that management has a thorough understanding of business results through the communication of reporting and analysis.
- Drive business performance through the reporting and analysis of Key Performance Indicators
- Liaise with internal finance departments such as Corporate FP&A, Strategic Planning and Treasury to ensure organizational alignment.
- Develop and implement strategies to best utilize the financial information systems available to provide the most accurate, timely and reliable sources for financial reporting and analysis
- An undergraduate or graduate students majoring in Accounting or Finance with a graduation date of Fall 2020 or Spring 2021
- Cumulative GPA is 3.25 or above
- Highly motivated and results oriented with a desire to exceed expectations
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and courage in their leadership style
- Crisp communication skills with the ability to express facts and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing, interacting professionally, transparently and effectively with people at all levels
- Strong critical thinking with the ability to develop solutions to complex challenges
- Ability to multi-task as required
- Ability to work independently on special projects
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.