IT Asset Management AnalystInformation Technology Dallas, Texas
Job Family: Information Technology
Designs, analyzes and supports the company’s information technology structure, systems and processes. Acquires, designs, implements and operates the company’s information technology resources (e.g., computer hardware, operating systems, communications, software applications, data, databases, etc.). Deploys, acquires, maintains and ensures security of information technology assets. Plans and tests processes to ensure compliance with system requirements, business objectives, security standards and other technical requirements.
Job Function: Infrastructure Operations
Designs, plans, and governs strategic and cross-organizational optimization of an enterprise’s systems, processes, or components. Controls and monitors day-to-day IT operations, change management, deployment, and DC and systems management. Ensures that the business and IT are in alignment. Drives the architecture approaches and processes to ensure that it is the most efficient and secure IT environment for the company.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The IT Asset Management Analyst will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day IT Asset Management process. This role will be responsible for coordinating the receiving, tagging, and tracking of IT equipment and will be responsible to ensure that accurate data is captured, entered into and maintained in the Service Now Asset Management System.
- Provides network administration support and maintenance.
- Supports network operations and maintenance to include installing upgrades, monitoring network performance and network diagnostics.
- Conducts operations and maintenance of infrastructure boundaries, directory services, messaging and collaboration environments.
- Monitors endpoints and networks for security events and respond accordingly.
- Assists with design and integration of security solution and tools/products.
- Handles incident and problem management, and for change and configuration management on a variety of security platforms.
- Manages user access and authentication and implement and maintain SSO across core business services.
- Implements security policies and executes threat mitigation and patch management.
- Ensures access to sensitive data is properly restricted and tracked and that data is not shared externally, and reports any violations of Security Policy and Systems Standards to management.
- Assist with audits and provide evidence of controls.
- Ensures compliance with all IT Asset Management policies
- Performs or assist in physical inventory activities as directed
- Ensures that hardware and software assets are tracked appropriately and analyzes and reconciles the resulting data in Service Now.
- Responsible for receiving, tagging, storing, tracking and deployment of IT equipment
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education –
- Bachelor’s Degree: in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent field.
- or equivalent work experience
- Experience –
- 0-3 years Related infrastructure experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in IT Asset Management (Service Now experience a plus)
- Skills & Abilities –
- Knowledge of current desktop and mobile computing technology used by the business
- Knowledge of Computer Hardware, SAN Storage, Clustering and Virtualization
- Knowledge of systems architectures and information security practices
- Knowledge of core business applications and their operation
- Ability to work under high pressure situations calmly
- Strong and efficient problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Familiarity with problem and incident management, change management, and basic operational understanding of running and maintaining infrastructure
- Ability to analyze problems and work with users to resolve issues or escalate to a higher level of support
- Ability to recognize the need to escalate issues in a timely manner that cannot be resolved at the contact level
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision to meet agreed service levels, guidelines, and procedures.
- Ability to create business meaningful reports from system logs for resource planning efforts by management
- Ability to communicate with management regarding the status of system and support issues
- Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown.
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
- The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.