IT Control Assurance Analyst IFinance Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The IT Control Assurance Analyst I is responsible for supporting the Manager IT Internal Controls in the execution of the SOX Assurance and SOC (1&2) program and its related activities conducted within SC. This role is envisaged to support SC’s Controls Department with regards to information technology and information systems, specifically for control-related endeavors and areas. With regards to IT Controls, the person filling this role will be responsible for supporting the Manager of IT Internal Controls through the effective administration, management, and execution of a comprehensive control-based program designed to contain controls related to SC’s IT activities and environments.
- Maintains a library of SOX documentation including narratives, risk matrices, test scripts and performs SOX testing
- Assists with designing test plans and procedures based on risk analysis
- Works with process owners to ensure SOX documentation is updated (as needed)
- Under the guidance of the Manager of IT Internal Controls, works directly with IT Control and Process Owners to ensure a good understanding and knowledge of SOX process and procedures
- Assists with maintaining adequate documentation of SOX testing to ensure that documentation and testing is in accordance with test programs/control objectives, is appropriately cross-referenced and adheres with sample size requirements of internal SOX methodology
- Under the guidance of the Manager of IT Internal Controls, recommends improvements to controls and test programs to improve the overall control environment
- Assists with ensuring that past recommendations have been implemented properly to correct deficiencies noted
- Under the guidance of the Manager of IT Internal Controls, performs review and maintains documentation of the SOC Reports as it relates to outsourced services and systems relevant to SOX
- Establishes and maintains relationships with SOX Process Owners
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- Zero (0) to two (2) years of Internal Audit or Sarbanes Oxley professional experience in a risk and control organization or public accounting, preferably within a large commercial and/or investment bank or in a regulatory agency, with working knowledge of consumer and commercial banking and/or capital markets products
- Analytical, technical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to receive instruction, guidance, and direction from other Analysts and Manager of IT Internal Controls
- Ability to work in a professional team
- Organizational skills with attention to detail to meet deadlines and manage multiple deliverables
- Strong and well-developed verbal and written communication, collaboration, and time management skills
- Ability to adapt to various work environments, industries, and project schedules and to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of personnel
- Ability to present ideas and concepts clearly to peers and management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- SOX and SOC experience preferred
- Big 4/public accounting and industry experience preferred
- Understanding of technologies that support the business infrastructure including Windows-based networks, databases, Unix and networking components (routers, switches, and firewalls) preferred
- The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.