IT Enterprise ArchitectInformation Technology Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Enterprise Architect works with stakeholders throughout the organization to generate detailed views of our enterprise capabilities including the strategies, processes, and plans to satisfy our business needs. The Enterprise Architect is responsible for defining technology standards and reference architectures as well as providing direction in the application of those technologies and standards. Additionally, the Enterprise Architect will provide technical leadership to ensure the successful design and delivery of enterprise solutions.
- Align IT architecture strategy and planning with business goals
- Develop, gain consensus for, and maintain a 3-year technology roadmap with consideration of business requirements and technology life cycles and include transition state architectures
- Create and promote policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Technology
- Manage risks associated with information and IT assets through appropriate standards and security policies.
- Organize and direct an Architecture Review Board to make decisions around the organizational standards and policies that should be employed
- Ensure projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from business and IT strategies
- Influence and support SDLC and Project Management processes by providing insights into the planning and design phases
- Strong understanding of securing enterprise resources in a distributed environment
- Ability to communicate complex problems and solutions simply and effectively at both executive and technical levels
- Ability to quickly understand and execute on new technologies and approaches
- Experience with enterprise system integration approaches and tools including both SaaS and IaaS
- Proficiency with Services Oriented Architecture, micro-services, API design and implementation patterns
- Strong understanding of securing enterprise resources in a distributed environment methods of systems software operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computing related field of study
- 3+ years of enterprise architecture and solution design
- 10+ years in Information Technology
- 2+ years of experience with enterprise architecture using standard frameworks, including DoDAF, FEAF, ToGAF, etc.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate / satellite office role.
Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.