Junior Human Resources Business PartnerHuman Resources Dallas, Texas
Summary of Responsibilities: The primary function of the Sr. Specialist, HR Business Partner is to provide administrative support to the Human Resource function as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry. S/he is also responsible for performing various HR-related duties related to performance management, training, on boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, employment law compliance and HR special projects. Ensures consistent practices are followed to help mitigate risk and promote a professionally ethical work environment.
- Works collaboratively across the HR team to support the roll out of programs including yearly appraisals, salary planning, employee engagement activities, talent management and various business line projects.
- Develops, prepares, and analyzes reports with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- Creates and/or updates various presentations to support the HR leadership team.
- Functions as a liaison with HR centers of expertise such as benefits, compensation, and payroll.
- Responds to employee inquiries and collaborates with other team members as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state legal requirements including EEO, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, COBRA, ACA and 5500 filings.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, business, or related field.
- 3-5 years HR / Business experience.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment/labor laws and regulations.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization, mindful of the culture and diversity of the audience
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work with diverse range of personalities and express their thoughts concisely/professionally
- Ability to prioritize in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with the ability to work on a team or individually
- Technology savvy with Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong learning and inquisitive skill set
- Ability to problem solve and adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Solid verbal communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Team player mindset with actively take initiative and have a strong work ethic
- Have a “customer service” orientation with ability to escalate issues when appropriate
- Demonstrated use of analytical skills – both using tools (ex. Excel, Business Objects, etc.) and problem solving/critical thinking skills
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and working on a computer
- Corporate / satellite office role
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.