Summary of Responsibilities:
- The primary focus of the Late Stage Account Manager (LSAM) is to maintain and reduce delinquency on accounts while minimizing losses through repossession. The LSLSAM is responsible for resolving all accounts to a current status. The LSLSAM is expected to work with little or no supervision, to exercise discretion and good judgment when making decisions about accounts, and to represent the company in a professional manner.
- Collects in accordance with all state and federal laws inclusive of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Handles skip trace and repossession activity on pre charge off accounts.
- Makes effective use of Prime Time calling periods.
- Ensures that all accounts in the calling queue are worked according to business strategy.
- Independently evaluates each loan and determine the best course of action for the customer in resolving the problem permanently.
- Independently negotiates with the customer on repayment schedules deferrals, and write- offs.
- Meets monthly standards and expectations for potential losses, delinquency, charge-offs, repossessions, and clearing ratios.
- Successfully utilizes all collection tools provided by management, including, but not limited to, extensions, hardship modifications, reinstatements, and repair claims to make the best business decision for Santander Consumer USA Inc. and the customer.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Two (2) to four (4) years collections experience with a strong background in credit/collection laws preferred.
- Auto collection/sub-prime auto industry experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, sales and closing skills a must.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office and Collection applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have advanced understanding of loss prevention and collection policies and procedures and be familiar with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Must have a working knowledge of Automobile Lease and Commercial rules, regulations and collection Policies and Procedures
- Ability to understand retail, retail commercial, lease, and commercial lease loans.
- Ability to understand tax laws.
- Overtime work may be required throughout the year.
- Shifts and/or schedules may change throughout the year as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard
- Corporate / satellite office role Employer’s Rights: This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.